• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Electric cable repair behind fusebox

Matyro

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I've been riding an NC750X for a few years now and had the dealer install a 12V socket in the luggage compartment when I originally bought it.

During the winter riding, there were some problems with my headlight, in the beginning it started to flicker and is now completely off.

I've now checked power / fuse, and it turns out that the power cable is broken.
The dealer I bought the motorcycle from, instead of going the official route, simply patched in the socked into the headlamp wire. To do this, the headlight cable was scratched open just behind the fuse box and simply soldered on and left as it was. The cable is now broken at the soldered joint, and I can't get to the cable properly for a repair.

Is it possible to split open the fuse box (it seems to be made from two parts) or pull the crimp contact out of the fuse box so that I have enough space to repair it properly?

Cheers
Dominik

What model year is your NC750X?

... Is it possible ...to repair it properly?
Of course it is possible. But you won't find a description of how to do it here. You have to improvise based on your own experience.
You will certainly find a motorcycle shop in your area that specializes in modifications and repairs of stunt bikes or dirt bikes, etc. They don't need to know anything about your bike, but they will certainly know how to fix a broken wire in a cable harness.

I do not have difficulties with the repair itself, but with the very limited space and access to the wire.
There is always the possibility to remove nearly every panel and remove the frunk/electric compartment, I would like to avoid this if possible.

The crimp connectors I know of have some sort of clip to fixture them in their plastic casing, but I was not able to identify it.
The same goes for the two parts of the fusebox itself, they seem to be clipped together, but I was not able to identify where to push to separate them.
I do not want to force them apart

Cheers
Dominik

...I do not want to force them apart
Dominik
So don't force them. These types of connections are designed to be easy to connect during production but difficult to disconnect later. This is to ensure a lasting connection for a long period of time, not to make your life more difficult. Moreover, designers don't care whether subsequent modifications by the owner are easy. They don't take this into account at all. It is important for them to reduce production costs.

Back