• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X DCT Won't Start

Now------the last 2 posts have me a little frightened. What the hey are you talking about?!

From Mashable: "Originally a cheat code for power-ups in the NES 1985 arcade game Gradius, the Konami Code has become a symbol in geek culture, and has achieved success as an Easter egg on various websites. Thrown in by sneaky developers as a way to access extra content, games or just something fun, Konami Code Easter eggs have been found on Facebook, Marvel, ESPN.com and, most recently, Vogue UK's website."

Basically it was a key sequence that originally allowed you to complete a specific game (Gradius) that was too difficult to complete otherwise, but then was also used to enable 'God' mode in many other games and is generally accepted as the father of all such 'cheat' codes!!

Now if you have to ask what "Easter eggs" are in this context...!!

Just a pointer on Battery testing. A voltmeter will only tell you the volts available which may seem OK. It doesn't tell you how much charge the battery has. To test a batteries capacity, you require a deep discharge tester which will give you an Ampere/Hour reading which can be compared with the A/Hr rating of the battery.

Any good car or bike workshop will have a discharge tester if you ask nicely.

On the subject of "to kill or not to kill", my only problem is that being an old and doddery old fart, I know I might well leave it killed and forgotten. I agree that, once in a blue moon, the kill switch should be tested but that's it.

Battery (open circuit ) voltage is related to the state of charge. For example a fresh new Yuasa AGM battery should give us 13.0 - 12.9 V when 100% charged, 12.5V @ 50%, 12.0V when empty...

But it's not 100% reliable, must be done the right way, and doesn't tell us the whole story, how healthy is the battery, so we need a load test ad you said...

Yuasa has a great guide, not too technical... Take a look here:

http://www.yuasabatteries.com/pdfs/TechManual_2014.pdf

But always consult your battery's user manual about SoC tables and other details...

Do motorcycles have Tip-Over-Switches that would shut them off automatically when not upright? I have no idea.
Yes, called bank angle sensor. Put bike up right and cycle key to off then turn back on and it will reset.
My 84 Gold Wing has it, 91 Gold Wing had it, 2001 CBR 1100XX has it, 2012 Gold Wing had it, 2007 ST1300A has it, both NC700X and XD have it. They have been a safety feature that has been around for a while. Came in handy twice over the years.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The reason why is because in my class (motorcycle safety class), they tell you to use the RED kill switch to turn it off.

Ken

I never use the kill switch, BUT I too was told in a CA safety class to use it. So go figure.

If nothing else it comes in handy when stopping on an incline in gear. You figure that out real quick doing trail-riding and parking for photos in mountain country. MSF class instructor insisted we use it and also said it stops most Harley guys from riding off off on your scoot.

Back