• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc700 skid plate

HONDABIKEPRO was kind enough to install one of his badass skid plates for me yesterday. We added some highway pegs for flavor. The highway pegs made a real difference in comfort on the 60 mile ride home.

IMAG0383.jpgIMAG0382.jpg

HONDABIKEPRO was kind enough to install one of his badass skid plates for me yesterday. We added some highway pegs for flavor. The highway pegs made a real difference in comfort on the 60 mile ride home.

View attachment 3259View attachment 3261

Hey Dan, what are those pegs from? I think I will be able to use something like that when I get my skid plate.

Hey Dan, what are those pegs from? I think I will be able to use something like that when I get my skid plate.

They look like these,NOS pegs they have at the local MC wrecking yard.$10 a pare,they are what I used.
ere5uqun.jpg

amydu9aj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure where they are from. Dale ordered them and another set for me to choose from. I picked these because they were the easiest to mount. They were real cheap though - $10 or $12 bucks.

The only issue is that they are closer to the bike than they would be mounted to the frame so I can only get about 2/3rds of width of my foot on them but its not uncomfortable.

new nc700x skid plate
1. front of plate less then twelve inches wide, this is were you will get hung up, in ruts, or hitting things, other plates wider then that.
2. cooling holes for cat that runs very hot and was made to have air flow over it, to cool it, cooling for the head pipe, cooling holes for the motor and oil pan, to help cool the oil.
3.smooth bottom front to rear for sliding over things, rocks, ruts, other bikes???
4. skid plate covers rear shock linkage to protect it. no one else does this on there plates
5. new alt and clutch cover protection
6. plate is 3/16 aluminum , and is made out of ten separate parts and welded together to make a very tight fit around motor, and only bolts to the frame of the bike.
7.can be powder coated any color
8. will work with Honda center stand and after market mufflers,
9. bolt on with seven 8 mm bolts, comes with all hardware.
EFD04CE3-BF9C-40A1-A351-509658F4504F-1667-00000615EBB44C18_zps4b9a449d.jpg

A3149221-8D7B-4F4F-A621-49E52B8271F6-1667-00000615CEE3F17E_zpsbd517544.jpg

34E07AB1-34F2-4AD7-A512-5E62BF1CB31F-1667-00000615BF752C3C_zpsada5be2b.jpg

34E07AB1-34F2-4AD7-A512-5E62BF1CB31F-1667-00000615BF752C3C_zpsada5be2b.jpg

This looks heavy.

the foot pegs have a locator pin on the mount so that they will not rotate, the are bike master 171270 they are cheap, so if damaged easy to replace, dale

Just got out of the dealership from my first service. The two comments made about the skid plate were: "Damn! That is a helluva skid plate!!" :) and "Sorry but its going to be an extra 45 bucks because we have to take off that skid plate." :(

Time to start changing my own oil.:rolleyes:

Just got out of the dealership from my first service. The two comments made about the skid plate were: "Damn! That is a helluva skid plate!!" :) and "Sorry but its going to be an extra 45 bucks because we have to take off that skid plate." :(

just removed my skid plate one minute and ten seconds to remove, install time one minute and thirty seconds. ask the shop next time to charge you strait time on to r r the plate for a oil change, should charge you shop minimum that is about 15.00 at most shops. or bring it to me and no extra charge to r r plate. dale

just removed my skid plate one minute and ten seconds to remove, install time one minute and thirty seconds. ask the shop next time to charge you strait time on to r r the plate for a oil change, should charge you shop minimum that is about 15.00 at most shops. or bring it to me and no extra charge to r r plate. dale

I let them know I wasn't impressed with that number for eight exposed, easy to reach bolts. And yeah, I'll commit to the ride to your shop whenever possible for service instead. Its a nice ride for the most part anyway. :)

While cleaning out my pockets, I found and looked over the work order from my last service. They added 15 minutes of labor for the skid plate at shop rate so it was only $22.50 they charged not the $45 they quoted. I'm still bringing my bike to your shop whenever possible though, Dale.

i have four dct skid plates half way made, waiting for new dct to come in . should have two bikes in middle of may? the plates i have fit the dct, but do not have enough side cover protection, for the shift motor and ops sensors on the right side,
i do have two plates for nc700x, left one smooth flat black, and one aluminum finish if anyone needs one dale

i have four dct skid plates half way made, waiting for new dct to come in . should have two bikes in middle of may? the plates i have fit the dct, but do not have enough side cover protection, for the shift motor and ops sensors on the right side,
i do have two plates for nc700x, left one smooth flat black, and one aluminum finish if anyone needs one dale

I PMed you Dale because I definitely want one of the DCT skid plates when you finish them.

As for the Center of Gravity, the explanation of the previous post is flawed. Yes, the combined CoG is higher when you stand up IF your hands and feet are FIXED to the bike and that your arms and legs are stiff as a board. Your skeleton will have to be part of the frame with no flex. And only under that condision, that argement would hold true and the overall CoG is raised.

But that's not what happens when you stand on the pegs - You are letting the bike to move freely, independent of the rider while your arms and legs act as shock absorbors. So the bike is moving and pivoting with itself own lower CoG while the rider moves thru space smoothly. So HondaBikePro is right, in that regard. Plus, I ain't gotta argue with his dirt bike riding experience.

I won't argue with his experience either, but it has nothing whatsoever to with center of gravity, whether raised or lowered. It has to do with the stability arising from creating a longer period due to increasing the length of the pendulum (inverted pendulum, actually, with the tire/ground contact point being the pivot and the rider being the bob).

I won't argue with his experience either, but it has nothing whatsoever to with center of gravity, whether raised or lowered. It has to do with the stability arising from creating a longer period due to increasing the length of the pendulum (inverted pendulum, actually, with the tire/ground contact point being the pivot and the rider being the bob).
way over my head, i just no it works. and by the way who is bob??? and i do not like the word inverted, i always have to by handlebars when my bike is inverted. dale

Back