• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motowerk Bar Riser Installation

Helix

Reaction score
Visit site
I read many posts where people on the list installed the 2” bar risers from ROX. I didn’t want that much change so I bought 1” risers from Motowerk. Since I can’t find a post from anyone installing these I’ll show my installation of them on a 2016 NC700XD.

Their instructions were for earlier NC700s and I couldn’t see the mounting of the brake line bracket. I could see the grommet and I tried to work it loose from the brake line but no luck. With the help of the 2016 NC700X/XD shop manual I removed the Side panel and the Front side cowl/Middle cowl. Having a shop manual is important to let you know where to pull and where not to pull.

Anyway, once they were off I could easily see that the bracket holding the grommet was mounted on the bottom of the lower triple clamp. This photo shows the orientation of the clamp, bolt (5mm allen) and grommet.

IMG_0783.jpg

Once the bolt was removed, it was easy to remove the grommet and peal it off the brake line. Note that the grommet is already split. Photo below shows the pieces after removal.

IMG_0782.jpg

I hope this posting saves someone the effort/need to remove the side panels. With these photos you now know what the bracket and bolt look like and by turning the bars all the way to the left, you can feel the bolt under the triple clamp. Unscrew it with an allen wrench and remove the bracket. It’s that easy.

Installing the risers was simple after I pulled additional slack for the cables on the left side. Here’s what the installation looked like after completed. I still have enough slack in the whole system for everything to work smoothly, but honestly I don’t think I could install 2” risers. There’s not much extra slack.

IMG_3197.jpg

The Motowerk risers are machined and finished well. You can find them here: https://motowerk.com

Helix

Back