• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023 NC750 DCT Cable Slack / Max Riser Height?

NovaGeeze

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm wondering what folks with the newer models have experienced for riser installation on the newer models -- as in how high a (straight, to keep things simple) riser one can install before running out of slack for the brake line and other cables.

I have a 2023 NC750 DCT on which I have installed a riser that lifts the handlebarss 32mm up and 20 mm back.
I've had no problem with the brake cable being "stretched", even when turning the handlebar to its full left/right position.

That said, I disconnected the brake cable from a rubberized grommet like clamp, located about 6 inches below the steering assembly. By doing so, I was able to get more free play out of the brake cable and not have to worry about the stretch. None of the other cables were affected by my riser.

These are the risers I used, purchased on AliExpress:

Attachments

• Riser.JPG
    Riser.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 38
Thanks, that's helpful. I'm tallish, so wondering what tweaks I'll need. Can never really tell until you do some miles of course, but good to know what the potential fixes are before having to go the way of custom cables and lines.

I used to have a 2018 NC, now I have a 2023. I put some bar risers on both and I have noticed on the newer model they give you a little more slack in the cables and brake hose. I have put a taller riser on the 2023 than I did on the 2018 and still have some slack. On the 2018 there was no chance of going higher without changing things.
Hope this helps someone out there.

I have a 2023 NC750 DCT on which I have installed a riser that lifts the handlebarss 32mm up and 20 mm back.
I've had no problem with the brake cable being "stretched", even when turning the handlebar to its full left/right position.

That said, I disconnected the brake cable from a rubberized grommet like clamp, located about 6 inches below the steering assembly. By doing so, I was able to get more free play out of the brake cable and not have to worry about the stretch. None of the other cables were affected by my riser.

Hi, I also have the same risers on my dct 2023, I had to move the right brake assembly and the left parking brake further in. in fact, when I swerved hard left it was a bit tense. Then, as a precaution, I also loosened the cable ties.

I installed 50mm risers on my 2023 last week. There is also some pullback. I removed the tie downs on the cables and actually removed the stamped metal bracket that holds them so there are no sharp edges for things to rub on.
The parking brakecable was tight it passes thru a wire guide below the headlight area. I re-routed the cable out of that guide and also moved the brake lever inwards a bit.
Everything has slack now turn to turn.20230607_132950.jpg

Thanks, good to know. I got some that are inch up, 3/4 inch offset. I'll see how things go with stock or those to begin. I'm 6'3" so no idea how fitting will go. I also got some wider pegs that have a 40mm extension that can be rotated. Not sure how the stock will treat my legs (or if the drop on the aftermarket ones will put me in peg-drag heck).

How did you remove the brake cable from the clamp? Did you need to remove any panels to access it?

How did you remove the brake cable from the clamp? Did you need to remove any panels to access it?
No need to remove panels, you can do it from above.
The clamp is simply an open ended metal clamp (see top arrow in my picture). The brake line has a rubber grommet (see lower arrow) that fits into this clamp. All you need to do is to pry this grommet out from the open end of the clamp. This will give your brake line a less constricted movement when you turn the handlebars. Hope this helps.

Brake_Line_Clamp.jpg

Back