• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mivv Speed Edge Slip On Exhaust

Anyone replace the stock exhaust with an after market pipe? I will be getting a pipe also, just don't know which one yet...

Does changing pipe affect your MPG?

A slip on will increase the amount of air. More air the leaner it will be and actually your MPG will slightly increase or be just the same.. Be careful not to run too lean!!

Once you add a programmer you are adding fuel then you will be loosing MPG.

MIVV Exhaust

A lot of customers ask if they will need to re-map their bike if they install a MIVV pipe. MIVV pipes are designed to not require remapping if you leave the dB killer (baffle) in the pipe. However, for optimum performance on any aftermarket exhaust (not just MIVV), you will want to re-map or tune your bike. Because most aftermarket exhausts allow more airflow, it is common for a bike to run slightly leaner than stock after installation. For most bikes, this is not a serious problem.

Last edited:
Anyone replace the stock exhaust with an after market pipe? I will be getting a pipe also, just don't know which one yet...

Does changing pipe affect your MPG?

My Leo Vince pipe has had ZERO affect on my MPG's. That is not always the case, but this engine is kind of an oddball in it's design compared to your run of the mill twin cylinder.

Thanks guys for your response.

I am only looking for sound... So a slip on is what I am looking for...

If I want performance, I will not buy this bike... NCX is good for MPG... Commuting to work and weekend canyons fun ride with buddies... Love to see their faces when they can't keep up with a 70 plus MPG bike... LOL

My Leo Vince pipe has had ZERO affect on my MPG's. That is not always the case, but this engine is kind of an oddball in it's design compared to your run of the mill twin cylinder.

I have the Leo Vince also and have seen no change in MPG. In fact the only change I've seen is the smile on my face because this now sounds like a motorcycle not a sewing machine.

Has anyone tried WITHOUT any muffler?
I mean, just remove the muffler and put an empty can on?
:rolleyes:
I don't know of it being done on an NC, but the Harley crowd used to do it all the time. Some of the aftermarket exhaust cans were pretty much straight through. Quite a few of the police used a simple test. If they pulled you over for a loud pipe they would insert a stick into the back of the exhaust. If it went all the way in without obstruction, you were busted.

Bob

I don't know of it being done on an NC, but the Harley crowd used to do it all the time. Some of the aftermarket exhaust cans were pretty much straight through. Quite a few of the police used a simple test. If they pulled you over for a loud pipe they would insert a stick into the back of the exhaust. If it went all the way in without obstruction, you were busted.

Bob

Stick what in your where?!?!.... LOL

Back