• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Missing screws/clips?

Ghostknight119

Reaction score
Visit site
t2uy2r7xask11.jpg

Hello everyone :) I just got a 2013 NC700X and I noticed these screws are missing (also on the opposite side) and i was wondering what their reference number is or if they are clips?

There is no thread on the other side to hold a screw in place so could it be some sort of clip? or a screw with a nut on the other side that I am missing as well? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

PS: IF someone could show me what the screw/clip looks like i would be eternally grateful. Cheers!

Both of these missing fasteners are screws. Since these fastening points you've shown have a symmetrical equivalent on the opposite side, I suggest looking there to see what the fastener or receiving threads look like. Then go to an illustrated parts listing and order the parts.

I'm not 100% sure, but the threads needed for the right side fake duct cover might be a well nut, item 14 in the luggage box parts illustration for the 2013 NC700X. The nut would be Honda part 90111-KW3-003 NUT, COWL SETTING (5MM), and the screw is 90109-SB6-000 SCREW, TRUSS (5X16). Anyway look at on line OEM parts source sites and locate the items on the drawings.

As for the battery lid, again I'm not sure, but that may be a case where you'll need to glue a new nut in place to receive the second screw that holds the cover in place.

Last edited:
Both of these missing fasteners are screws. Since these fastening points you've shown have a symmetrical equivalent on the opposite side, I suggest looking there to see what the fastener or receiving threads look like. Then go to an illustrated parts listing and order the parts.

I'm not 100% sure, but the threads needed for the right side fake duct cover might be a well nut, item 14 in the luggage box parts illustration for the 2013 NC700X. The nut would be Honda part 90111-KW3-003 NUT, COWL SETTING (5MM), and the screw is 90109-SB6-000 SCREW, TRUSS (5X16). Anyway look at on line OEM parts source sites and locate the items on the drawings.

As for the battery lid, again I'm not sure, but that may be a case where you'll need to glue a new nut in place to receive the second screw that holds the cover in place.

Thanks mate, I think this is it since i got the TRUSS (5X16), but i figured there must be something on the receiving end and I think it is indeed 90111-KW3-003 NUT, COWL SETTING (5MM). I'm going to order them and see what happens. Thanks a lot! I will most probably glue them in place since I can't reach them once the cover is on, then insert the screw in them.

Thanks mate, I think this is it since i got the TRUSS (5X16), but i figured there must be something on the receiving end and I think it is indeed 90111-KW3-003 NUT, COWL SETTING (5MM). I'm going to order them and see what happens. Thanks a lot! I will most probably glue them in place since I can't reach them once the cover is on, then insert the screw in them.

The well nut in the luggage box for the right side cowl should set and the screw can be tightened without accessing the back side, as that is how it’s designed. I don’t think glue is required for that piece.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy the bike!

The well nut in the luggage box for the right side cowl should set and the screw can be tightened without accessing the back side, as that is how it’s designed. I don’t think glue is required for that piece.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy the bike!

I haven't gotten the well nuts yet, but i was wondering one thing. How do I make that well nut hold on the under side before I insert the screw? Do i remove the cowl, insert the nut and then replace the cowl and insert the screw? or do I put my hand behind the lower part, insert the nut and then install the cowl and screw it in while holding it somehow?

NC700X panels - YouTube

If you go to that video you see how he just unscrews the screw right there. Mine has nothing to hold it on the other side so I'm assuming that's the nut we're talking about.

How do i exactly place that nut?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

I haven't gotten the well nuts yet, but i was wondering one thing. How do I make that well nut hold on the under side before I insert the screw? Do i remove the cowl, insert the nut and then replace the cowl and insert the screw? or do I put my hand behind the lower part, insert the nut and then install the cowl and screw it in while holding it somehow?

NC700X panels - YouTube

If you go to that video you see how he just unscrews the screw right there. Mine has nothing to hold it on the other side so I'm assuming that's the nut we're talking about.

How do i exactly place that nut?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

I’d have to go take mine apart to verify, but I think you need to loosen (remove enough fasteners) the side cover enough to slip it outward and insert the rubber well nut into the hole in the luggage box. The the side panel goes back, the fake duct goes on, then you insert the screw. The pull of the screw expands the well nut and holds it in place. It’s a blind fastener. I’m just going from memory here and I may be wrong.

cowl on.jpg
cowl off.jpg
inside.jpg

So i took some more pics. With cowl on, then off, then i put my phone "inside" the bike from where i removed the cowl and stuck my finger in there so you could see where it's missing the nut.

Am i missing anything other than the nut? Would I have to insert the nut from the inside towards outside?

The nut goes in from the outside, like a pop rivet. The screw starts in the nut encased in the rubber. As the screw pulls the nut upward, the rubber expands outward and holds the wellnut in place.

As I suggested before, just look at the other side of the bike. It’s made the same way.

Last edited:
The nut goes in from the outside, like a pop rivet. The screw starts in the nut encased in the rubber. As the screw pulls the nut upward, the rubber expands outward and holds the wellnut in place.

As I suggested before, just look at the other side of the bike. It’s made the same way.

Thanks for info, I wish I could look at the other side but its missing as well :(

Oh, I see! Guess the previous owner was not too savvy on installing the body panels.

He claims he was driving and they fell off. The bike wasn't exactly well maintained. Can tell from the scratches and the dirty windshield on it. You seem to really know your stuff thank you for your help! Can you recommend a good way for cleaning a yellowed windshield ?

Back