• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Little Help Please? Screw size verification, '23 NC750

NovaGeeze

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm away from my bike but designing and 3d-printing some accessory mounts.
Can anyone verify for me that this is a 5mm screw, and maybe the diameter of that pan head?
I'm tinkering with making a simple mount for that spot for my Oxford heated grip controller, and maybe one for my TP sensor system for the other side.
Trying to remember if the bars would foul that spot as well.

1695058557018.png

Oh, and another, if anyone's got one handy. I got the honda oil filter / wrench kit, and there's a nut on the top to allow for wrenching it off (at least that first, too-tight, factory-mounted one) and it had a threaded interior in order, I believe, to eject the filter when it gets stuck inside. (I banged one out with a rod last time around and it bent the nut on top, so I know that's the sub-optimal way to do this.) I'm thinking it's an M10 1.25 mm pitch, but if anyone's got that figured out, I'd appreciate a heads up there too.

Last edited:
Ron Ayers staff confirmed to me that the bolt fitting for the oil filter wrench is indeed an M10 1.25 pitch.
Still can't figure out what the hex screw is. IIRC, it looks like one of those shouldered M5s with a pan head that fits the 5mm hex they give you as part of the 2-piece "tool kit."

If I have correctly IDed the panel, the hex head in question is here, making it a regular M5 pan head, 16mm in length:
Honda 64131-MKW-D00 PANEL
1695562043278.png

Do you have any other mounts designs publicly available? If so, I would be interested in seeing them. I have designed a mount that attaches to the lower two bolts on the handle bar for mounting my Garmin Zuma.

All my designs are online at printables.com "mostlybikestuff" but that's mostly bicycle stuff. I haven't finished tinkering with this "dashboard" option yet because I'm without the bike I figure it should be offset toward the middle but to a degree I can't eyeball. I'd like to get a Zuma mounted. I'd prefer to get it over the instruments I think, but the typical bar that mounts under the windscreen (I have one) seems flimsy to me, and I have doubts about the thing holding properly if I put the stock m5 screws into the stock well-nuts (also, there would be plastic-on-steel contact) so I'm waiting on that mount attempt until I have longer screws plus some more rubber washers. Nav over handlebar clamp for me is in sort of the wrong place. I need it further out and up to be able to see it OK.

Those windscreen well nuts are plenty robust for anything you throw at it. JMHO

Back