• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Miles on your DCT please... (not the MPG!)

And counting...

Normal maintenance. 3rd set of tires this week. Sprocket and chain about 2 months ago.

With a clutch....

image.jpg

Last edited:
Just 12500 km, or 7,000 miles, in about 16 months. No transmission problems at all. Just one unexplained flat battery.

Last edited:
Yea. I saw DCT after the post was published.

Hence the edit saying with a clutch

Too many teachers riding these bikes!!! Lol

So yes I missed the post saying DCT but did edit to say I had a clutch (meaning non DCT).

Better?

Sorry to confuse here...

At least I didn't say 80mpg ;-)

Just broke 10K this afternoon!

My DCT just hit 10K sitting in DC traffic this afternoon on the way home. No problems, still runs flawless.

I bought a used (2,000 miles on it) 2013 clutch model in December 2013. I then put 4,500 more miles on it before getting it to the shop for a new rear tire, oil change, and checkover before bringing it to my son to ride... because I bought a new 2013 DCT model for myself. I've ridden that new one about 2,500 miles and REALLY enjoy it... and my son is thrilled with having the manual to ride. I'm on vacation now and am anxious to get back home to rack up some more miles this fall.

I have 15,800 miles on my DCT. Rode to Canada last year, 2400 mile trip, heavy load. No problems with the bike so far (still on original chain and sprockets). It does sound a little more clickety clackity in the engine/transmission area...

Just ticked 4000 miles the last time I was out, had to pull over and snap a pic of the mileage haha.

Oil change at 600 miles, that's the only thing besides exhaust so far. Tires might not live to see the end of the season... How many miles have you guys gotten out of the stock Metzlers? Mine are starting to get flat in the middle from all the straight line riding I do.

-Jesse

2014-08-24 18.41.28.jpg

Last edited:
Just ticked 4000 miles the last time I was out, had to pull over and snap a pic of the mileage haha.

Oil change at 600 miles, that's the only thing besides exhaust so far. Tires might not live to see the end of the season... How many miles have you guys gotten out of the stock Metzlers? Mine are starting to get flat in the middle from all the straight line riding I do.

-Jesse

View attachment 19897

Does the gear position rectangle on the dash disappear in certain modes? I thought it always displayed on a DCT.

Does the gear position rectangle on the dash disappear in certain modes? I thought it always displayed on a DCT.

No. The "Gear Position" indicator is only active when in gear or after initial power up with only the center segment active. Once the engine is started, then it quietly disappears until it is needed. This on DCT models only, not sure what the manual models do in regards to this.

No. The "Gear Position" indicator is only active when in gear or after initial power up with only the center segment active. Once the engine is started, then it quietly disappears until it is needed. This on DCT models only, not sure what the manual models do in regards to this.

How bizarre. I would hate that! That was the whole thing I enjoyed about the gear indicator on my BMW, I could look anytime and see readily what gear I was in. I wouldn't at all enjoy looking at a blank dash and have to shift up or down, to find out what gear I was in :eek:

Edit: Or could you possibly mean it only disappears when the the bike is running, and in neutral?

Last edited:
Back