• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Miles on your DCT please... (not the MPG!)

OK. Then apparently the dash shown in post 56 is on a manual transmission pre 2014 bike.

Agreed. He does list his bike as a 2013 NC700X, so I guess jesse096 must have not seen the DCT mileage specified in the thread title.

I'm still confused though; if the gear indicator doesn't go away in certain modes, then the statement that the indicator "quietly disappears until needed" has me most curious...

Agreed. He does list his bike as a 2013 NC700X, so I guess jesse096 must have not seen the DCT mileage specified in the thread title.

I'm still confused though; if the gear indicator doesn't go away in certain modes, then the statement that the indicator "quietly disappears until needed" has me most curious...

My question, and it was worded as such, was does the gear position rectangle go away? That is, the box that normally frames that section of the display. Brillot2000 said no. I wasn't really asking about the number or indicator inside the rectangle.

Last edited:

On the DCT Models, the gear "Status Frame" will become "Fully Active" once the bike is put into gear, either "D or S-Mode". In "Neutral", the gear "Status Frame" will not be active and is completely off or blank once the engine has been started and is running.

My question, and it was worded as such, was does the gear position rectangle go away? That is, the box that normally frames that section of the display. Brillot2000 said no. I wasn't really asking about the number or indicator inside the rectangle.

Ah. (personally) I assumed contents inside the rectangle were included, not just the border outline.

Sweet jeebus, I can sure see how easily wars start, with misinterpretations and assumptions gone awry, lol.

On the DCT Models, the gear "Status Frame" will become "Fully Active" once the bike is put into gear, either "D or S-Mode". In "Neutral", the gear "Status Frame" will not be active and is completely off or blank once the engine has been started and is running.

Here are a couple of images that I took this morning to show what I descriped above. I hope this helps clarify everything.

IMG_3508.jpg

IMG_3509.jpg

I saw someone else post up saying they had a manual, so I figured it would be okay. Yes mine is a 2013 Manual model.

-Jesse

13000 in six months on my dct, and i run the daylight out of this thing, had one bad drive chain, but no other problems. Dale

Milage on DCT?

Hi everyone, I just saw a Youtube video from someone with an NC700x (manual) that had over 200.000 km on it (124.000mi).

So my question to all of you is this:

Who has the most milage on a DCT version, would love to see how long these engines last compared to the manual ones.

I only ask because I was wondering if I should not get the DCT because of that, or should I just go for a DCT and trade it in before it gets to say 40.000km? (just an estimated ignorant guess)

Robert

p.s.

here is the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9rnnBBotMI

Who has the most milage on a DCT version, would love to see how long these engines last compared to the manual ones.
The engines are the same...only difference is in the transmission

If you are worried about the DCT breaking do what I did....5 year unlimited mileage Honda Factory warranty...

I have 26,000 miles on my 2014 DCT and it is covered by Honda until April 2019

1000 km (620 miles) on my 2016 DCT, time to change the oil and filters. Not sure if I should let the dealer do it...nah I'm going to do it myself.

Several owners have had to replace clutches by 40,000 miles in manual transmissions. I have read of one or two DCT owners that had a transmission sensor go bad requiring replacement. Statistically these are non-events. Ride without worries.

13500 miles in 12 months.
One set of tires, one front sprocket.
Not a problem or issue with it.
I LOVE my DCT.

Back