• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MadStad adjustable windshield system for the Honda NC700x

Turbodieseli4i6

Have you noticed any new sounds while riding that you have not noticed before.

Well with your earplugs you may or may not notice them.

You could do a short city around the block ride and try it out without the plugs

My wife and I can have a normal voice conversation while riding at 55 mph shield up,

Before we would be shouting and still miss some of the conversation, that was with no ear plugs in.

I have one on my NC700 and love it. I had two Cal-Si's crack on me so I bit the bullet & bought a Madstad. After using it, if the Givi Air Flo on my Silver Wing gets broken or cracks, I will buy one for it also.

Turbodieseli4i6

Have you noticed any new sounds while riding that you have not noticed before.

Well with your earplugs you may or may not notice them.

You could do a short city around the block ride and try it out without the plugs

My wife and I can have a normal voice conversation while riding at 55 mph shield up,

Before we would be shouting and still miss some of the conversation, that was with no ear plugs in.

Yes, since I put the Madstad on,I hear a lot more noises.

Sent from my LG-L40G using Tapatalk 2

I've spent enough time with the Madstad now to know it has been a very good investment. It has eliminated so much wind noise! I decided I still need ear plugs after I downloaded the Sound Meter app on my phone.Dangerous Decibels » Noise Induced Hearing Loss Anything more than 85 decibels isn't good and that isn't much! On short rides I may not wear my plugs, but I'll wear them on the longer rides. I haven't rode with the Sound Meter running yet, but will soon.
I would like to know how many decibels my helmet will eliminate. Not much, but maybe a few.

Thanks for all the info....and great to talk to you on the phone today!

My madstad should be here next week....once it's in I'll give you a call and we'll meet up somewhere in Southwest/Central Missouri and I'll buy lunch!

Rob Ray

Maybe we need some kind of shootout to settle it....
Careful....
Someone made a thoughtful comment about personal preference when I wrote something about MadStad vs. the other brands. There is another thread where someone used the word "zealot" when referring to another's preference in skid plates. I also used the word "consensus" relative to windscreens which ruffled feathers.

I'm learning to take what I read on this forum as a lot of data which needs to somehow rattle around in my brain a bit but in the end, you (somehow) makes your choice, pays your money, and hopes for the best.

¡Ay, caramba!

Careful....
Someone made a thoughtful comment about personal preference when I wrote something about MadStad vs. the other brands. There is another thread where someone used the word "zealot" when referring to another's preference in skid plates. I also used the word "consensus" relative to windscreens which ruffled feathers.

I'm learning to take what I read on this forum as a lot of data which needs to somehow rattle around in my brain a bit but in the end, you (somehow) makes your choice, pays your money, and hopes for the best.

Gee, I was just thinking of maybe some local NC folks who are Madstad and Pulg owners getting together to test ride each other's windshield to see what they think.

Warning duly noted though....

Warning duly noted though....
LOL. After the admonition about bad language yesterday (which I agree with, BTW), I couldn't resist a response to a "shootout" suggestion. No violence, bad language, or sex allowed! Keep this a "G" (or no more than a "PG13") forum. ;)

IMG_4474.jpg

I love my madstad. I agree that the windshield posted in previous posts is not very good looking. Mine doesn't look like those though. The lines on the bottom of mine matches the headlight.

Sorry to. be a spoiler but did not work for me.
Windshields are like seats though and to each his or her own. :~)
inditx
p.s. I put the stock one on and just deal with the wind in my face

Wow, a pretty hot topic. I'm hesitant to even post on this thread, but I just installed my new 20" light gray Madstad and took a nice ride with it on a very windy, blustery, cold day here in Chicago and was going to share my thoughts on it.

So, here goes. First, the looks. I think the lines and general size looks very good on the bike. YMMV. The mounting/bracket system is probably what gets some folks worked up. Rather than just a plexiglass or acrylic sheet that bolts directly to the dash-work of the bike, there is a very elaborate and well engineered mounting system that, when viewed from an angle, is noticeable (again, totally a matter of opinion). What this mounting system does and does well is allow a three inch height adjustment to the windshield AND a nice adjustment to and fro of the rake angle. And it works. When I first bought my NC I was really disappointed at the level of wind noise and buffeting even with the larger OE shield of the 2016. After an extensive ride today in very windy conditions I'm completely sold on this windshield. I'm 5'11" and have the height set to about the level of the tip of my nose. I'm easily looking over the top and not through the windshield and yet I feel zero chest blast, helmet buffeting or wind roar at speeds up to 70mph. I do ride faster - just not today. I hear just the sweet Honda hum of the motor. I was also pleasantly surprised that the bike did not seem to be any more susceptible to being grabbed by the strong crosswinds than any other bike I've owned with a decent size windshield on it. The small side wings also kept the wind off my arms and hands to a large extent which must be where some of the original turbulence was coming from. Sorry if I'm throwing gas on the fire - just wanted to share. To each his own on windshields! I've had National Cycle aftermarket shields in the past that I was pleased with, too, but this one is far better. Also would mention that the fit and materials are top notch.

Last edited:
If I change out my Ermax with Clip-On visor thingie, it'll probably be for a National Cycle V-Stream with a clip-on, a Laminar Lip, or other permanently installed addition, because of the added benefits of hardcoated polycarbonate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back