• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lock up the fridges and chickens- The feral Cat is back! :)

Flaferalcat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
HI...AGAIN!
So, 6 months ago, in pain and with much anxiety, I said goodbye to motorcycling for maybe a long while... HERE

So what's happened?
I got a 2015 Dodge Dart SXT in Lazer Blue... after discussing my feelings of anxiety about motorcycling at the time with my V.A. counselor. BTW- The Gainesville Sun recently published an article (sorry no link at this time) about how high the motorcycle accident/death rate has climbed around this area lately. Anyway, getting the car was a good choice and I kept both my bikes as they were already paid for. The car gave my back time to heal up some. My car has also given me the choice of having a 'cage' around me on days I felt I may be more vulnerable, and/or wasn't feeling up to riding. It's the first car I've had in 20 years. I've been relying on rides if I wasn't on a motorcycle. Having the car has helped exponentially lower my stress level; after I learned how to drive again! On that note, I got an automatic, as I seemed to keep shifting a manual by pulling back the turn signal bar and trying to toe up the clutch pedal. :eek: Being a Cager, for me, is new again and pretty cool too! And now that I DON'T HAVE TO RIDE; motorcycling is more fun than it's been in a long while! The Dart also handles well enough in tight turns, that I can dust off some Heavy Cruiser bikes ;)
...Anyway, I've been farkling with my NCX all this time and just have a few more things I'd like to do to it. If all goes well, maybe I'll be Springtime touring soon.
Ok, I've got alot to catch up/lookup from the forum here, before I go asking questions there my be answers to already.
Thanks for all the well wishes from the last thread, and see ya around the forum!
Just thought I'd post that.
LATERS! ...Eric:)

Last edited:
Welcome back.

...My car has also given me the choice of having a 'cage' around me on days I felt I may be more vulnerable, and/or wasn't feeling up to riding...

That reminded me of of my basic MSF class many years ago and the instructor telling us to evaluate our condition, mood, feelings, whatever, every time we consider getting on the bike. I took that to heart and there have been many days over the years that I haven't ridden simply because I didn't feel at the top of my game. Having an alternate vehicle allows you to do that - a very good thing, IMO.

Welcome back. Except for a short time (5 months) as a 19 yr old I have always had a car or truck and have been able to ride for pleasure. I hope this change helps you to enjoy the ride even more!

Welcome back Eric. There have been long periods where I did not ride or even own a motorcycle and it's really new and exciting when I came back into it. When I'm riding over in Horse Country I wondered sometimes how you were getting along. Good to hear from you.

The Dart is a cool looking car and that Lazer Blue is sharp. When I traded my 5-speed Accord for my wife's automatic Corolla, I thought I was going to go absolutely crazy with boredom, but it is nice sometimes to have the car do the work for you. City traffic especially is much more pleasant. Plus, with today's automatics, there have been vast improvements to their performance and economy. I'm a fair-weather rider anyway, so it is nice to know that you don't HAVE to ride.

My pastor recently did a series on mental health and how it affects every area of our lives. It's something people don't talk about enough. The prevailing idea in our society is to put on the right face, say the right words, no one will know what's really up. Too often people try to tough it out and don't seek the help they need only to find out that they just get worse. I'm glad to see that you have someone to talk to and are recovering both physically and mentally. Looks like you have lots of roads left to explore.

I ain't got none of those mental abilities. My short, fat, old, and ugly body just rides ever chance I get sence (This is how us idiots spell sense, since we have no sense) 1958.

Back