• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kijima Engine Guards

I've been away from English speaking countries for a loooong time and on the net it seems all I ever see is "engine guard". I thought it was a shift in English usage while I've been away.

I think it's a euphemism people use to not use the "crash" word - both the sellers of the product and the buyers. Kind of the same as using euphemisms for toilet - wash room, 手洗い, etc.

The lower right side frame mount on these bars look exactly the same to me on both the X and the DCT. I can't believe that they wound not fit the DCT bikes, but I don't want to chance it.

Rich

The lower right side frame mount on these bars look exactly the same to me on both the X and the DCT. I can't believe that they wound not fit the DCT bikes, but I don't want to chance it.
Rich
Rich,
Go ahead and make the purchase. If they don't fit your DCT, I'll take them off your hands.

Please keep us advised on the fitting to a DCT ! I like the look and price on these mounts and would love to put them on mine.

sorry but I think that would buckle under the 1st impact.
the plates that the tube's are welded on to are to thin.
I've got a DCT and I did consider making some crash bars but got the jitters in case any thing goes wrong and I'll be liable.

I agree with John.
However these are great for mounting aux lights!
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I contacted Webike via e-mail which is a Japanese distributor for these bars. They said that they contacted the manufacturer and were told that they would definitely NOT fit the DCT (just like Mike told us).

Rich

I contacted Webike via e-mail which is a Japanese distributor for these bars. They said that they contacted the manufacturer and were told that they would definitely NOT fit the DCT (just like Mike told us).

Rich

They probably did what I did....pick up the phone and call them.

I don't know if there is a real physical reason the bars won't fit or if Kijima just didn't check them on a DCT and doesn't want to say they'll fit without having checked. Either way, as it stands the maker says they won't fit and anybody purchasing them for a DCT should be aware they might be stuck with something they can't use.

I have installed these a couple of days ago. They mount directly to the frame right here by the same bolt that holds the engine:

2013-Honda-NC700X-DCT-ABS-Silver-Left-Side-Photo_Mark_McIntyre.jpg

So I'm 99% sure it will fit. Even the paper with installation instructions clearly states: FOR NC700/750 without X or S or DCT mentioning.
I have one spare guard left (my friend changed his mind) so if there are some DCT owners we can try it on to kill tat 1%.

I telephoned Kijima personally and was told they do NOT fit the DCT. I do wish somebody would try it and end the speculation.

IMG_20141123_124650.jpg
IMG_20141123_124640.jpg
So here is the photo of the bottom mounting point. Those with DCTs please compare if you have anything different under your left bottom fairing

Last edited:
So here is the photo of the bottom mounting point. Those with DCTs please compare if you have anything different under your left bottom fairing

The left (alternator) side of a manual or DCT bike is the same. Any differences on a DCT would be on the right (clutch) side of the bike. You may want to post photos of the other side, including photos with and without the lower fairing installed.

Last edited:
Back