• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My first ride on my 2021 NC750x-DCT

Rydinon

Reaction score
Visit site
It was not a long ride, but it was more than enough for today. I rode to our club's breakfast, about 25 miles each way. Talk about miles of smiles, I was grinning from ear to ear by the time I cleared my driveway. this bike is a hoot! Or, more accurately, it reminds me of a Vespa I rented in Rome when I was 21 - its a Scoot but so much more! It handles well, and its just a matter of twist and go. Riding it seems to be effortless.

To be sure, I still have a lot to sort out on the bike. I need to find a place for an aux fusebox so I can install conspicuity lights, maybe driving lights (not sure about those), power for my GPS, Hawkshead TPMS, heated grips, and heated clothing. I want a top box and/or panniers (possibly soft and fairly small). Of immediate concern is a need for handlebar risers - my carpel tunnel acted up and my hands were not happy with the weight I was putting on the handlebars. The PO's foam grips (not grip puppies, but like them) have to go. I also noticed the bike had a tendency to creep forward at stoplights, something I dealt with by hitting the N button then D(rive) to start again. The front brake seemed to be a bit rough - not a glass smooth braking feel like I remember from my ST and VStrom. The suspension needs aftermarket attention, some of the expansion humps on the freeway riding home almost raised my voice a couple of octaves. Wind deflectors are also on the list (Barkbuster type), maybe Aprilia mirrors and/or mirror extensions. More than a few of these wish list items will wait til winter, but maybe I'll chip away at them over the summer.

All in all I am pickled tink with the bike.

It was not a long ride, but it was more than enough for today. I rode to our club's breakfast, about 25 miles each way. Talk about miles of smiles, I was grinning from ear to ear by the time I cleared my driveway. this bike is a hoot! Or, more accurately, it reminds me of a Vespa I rented in Rome when I was 21 - its a Scoot but so much more! It handles well, and its just a matter of twist and go. Riding it seems to be effortless.

To be sure, I still have a lot to sort out on the bike. I need to find a place for an aux fusebox so I can install conspicuity lights, maybe driving lights (not sure about those), power for my GPS, Hawkshead TPMS, heated grips, and heated clothing. I want a top box and/or panniers (possibly soft and fairly small). Of immediate concern is a need for handlebar risers - my carpel tunnel acted up and my hands were not happy with the weight I was putting on the handlebars. The PO's foam grips (not grip puppies, but like them) have to go. I also noticed the bike had a tendency to creep forward at stoplights, something I dealt with by hitting the N button then D(rive) to start again. The front brake seemed to be a bit rough - not a glass smooth braking feel like I remember from my ST and VStrom. The suspension needs aftermarket attention, some of the expansion humps on the freeway riding home almost raised my voice a couple of octaves. Wind deflectors are also on the list (Barkbuster type), maybe Aprilia mirrors and/or mirror extensions. More than a few of these wish list items will wait til winter, but maybe I'll chip away at them over the summer.

All in all I am pickled tink with the bike.
That's great to read about your enthusiasm and how much you are enjoying the bike!

Back