• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shad SH23 Side Cases work great on 2016 NC700X; also added SH50 Top Case

mdomb529

Reaction score
Visit site
According to the fitment info on RevZilla and an email response directly from Shad, the SH23 side cases and 3P mounts aren't supposed to work on my 2016 NC700X. Based on a post here for a 2021 model, I took the leap and ordered them anyway. Both RevZilla and Shad customer service are wrong - the SH23 side cases and 3P mounts work great. The cases themselves ship with a part that needs to be swapped out on the mounts in order for them to work. All in, it took me about 90 minutes to install, including the time to clean up all the packaging. This is my first motorcycle (I'm in my mid-40s and just got my license 2 weeks ago) and my first side cases, but I'm very pleased so far.

PXL_20230701_041537487.MP.jpgPXL_20230702_012316104.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I’d known this before I got my givi cases. I like the look a lot more on these

Welcome and thanks for the informative post. What part needs to be swapped out?
This L-shaped plastic piece centered in the photo is the upgraded part that comes with the cases. The standard design that comes mounted on the 3P bar is basically a black rectangle without the additional nub.
1000003240.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if the 2023 is the same as the 2016. But someone else on the forum found that they fit their 2021. Not sure if or how much the 2023 varies from the 2016 and 2023.
Thank you, I think if I get a 3P kit for my 2023 these Shad 23 cases should fit?
The right attachments come in the SH23 case? Right? How is the plastic piece attached?
Im going to try it.

Thank you, I think if I get a 3P kit for my 2023 these Shad 23 cases should fit?
The right attachments come in the SH23 case? Right? How is the plastic piece attached?
Im going to try it.
Yes, the updated attachments are included with the SH23 cases. A single phillips screw secures each attachment.

Added this Shad SH50 top case to my 2016 NC700X this morning. I haven't taken it out yet, so I don't know how it rides. I'm a little nervous that it'll feel too big for the bike. The bike already feels a little less sure-footed at freeway speeds due to the side cases, and I can't imagine the top case is going to help any. But the top and side cases all come off super easily, and the Shad mounts look pretty clean with the cases off, so if nothing else I'll just put the top case on as needed. I'll update you with my ride experience after I take it out this afternoon/evening.PXL_20230713_153321398.MP.jpg

I also relied on what Shad and its catalog said about the incompatibility of the SH23 and my 2023 NC - who was I to question the manufacturer? - kudos to those who ignored the Shad knuckleheads. I wound up getting the 4P system and the silver Terra top and side cases. All the components are heavy-duty and the fitment was problem free. I would not hesitate to recommend them. As an aside, I wound up getting a 15% discount on the whole package when I loaded the "shopping cart" and then moved on to other business. They e-mailed me asking why I abandoned the cart and offered the discount if I pulled the trigger - it worked!

I had a huge discussion with a Shad salesman about the 3P fitment issues and the SH23 on my 2023 750.
He ended up going in his warehouse and looking at the cases.
He agreed the SH23 would fit my bike. He was really great to talk to.
I havent pulled the trigger on the SHAD cases.
Dont like the position of the side cases on the bike, looks wonky.
Needs to be more straight with the lines of the bike.
I will probably just get a top case for my luggage needs.
The frunk is just about all I need.
JMHO

Last edited:
I have the SH23 on my 21 NC750X.
The only thing is that I had to add washer to push the 3P system out ~1 mm on the back bolts to fit the cases, they were just too close to the top mount bar otherwise.

Nice! Do you have a Shad top box also? I have looked around the Internet for photos on this set up on 21-23 NC`s , but not seen any yet. Could you please post some detailed photos here on this forum?

Nice! Do you have a Shad top box also? I have looked around the Internet for photos on this set up on 21-23 NC`s , but not seen any yet. Could you please post some detailed photos here on this forum?
See post #11.
NC 700, but you will get the idea of the look.

Back