• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Initial Service cost

Not sure where these dealers get these numbers from. My Honda mechanic said the book allows only 6/10tha of a hour for the first service.They must me charging $200+ an hour!
Is anybody worth that?

My dealer is going to do the first service for free, he does it on all the bikes he sells.

Getting the first service for free seems to be customary in Europe, but far less so in the USA. Personally I wouldn't take it back to the dealer even if it was free, since I wouldn't want them messing up my bike. Sorry to be negative, but I've just had bad personal experiences with dealer service. The only reason mine ever go back is mandatory recalls.

Last edited:
Free first service seems to be customary in Europe, but far less so in the USA. Personally I wouldn't take it back to the dealer even if it was free, since I wouldn't want them messing up my bike. Sorry to be negative, but I've just had bad personal experiences with dealer service. The only reason mine ever go back is mandatory recalls.

^^^^Agree 100%. Not negative just prudent. No one will take better care of your bike than you.

^^^^Agree 100%. Not negative just prudent. No one will take better care of your bike than you.

6.jpgThat is a great deal for the 1st service. However, as mentioned above, learn to do the service work yourself, it is a lot more fun that way. Learning your bike when at home, might just come in real handy on the open road.

smileyHappyEyes.jpg

Last edited:
And I thought that the States was the land of free enterprise and competition where the customer comes first or the company dies.

I've no aversion to home spannering but I trust the dealer implicitly, he's been around for years and years and has nothing but excellent reviews and feedback.
I may end up doing an oil change every 4k miles and take it to the dealer for the 8k service intervals when it requires more than an oil and filter change. I'm OK with some basic stuff but wouldn't want to go and f*ck my new bike up AND void the warranty, I'm a bricklayer for crying out loud! :D

And I thought that the States was the land of free enterprise and competition where the customer comes first or the company dies.

I've no aversion to home spannering but I trust the dealer implicitly, he's been around for years and years and has nothing but excellent reviews and feedback.
I may end up doing an oil change every 4k miles and take it to the dealer for the 8k service intervals when it requires more than an oil and filter change. I'm OK with some basic stuff but wouldn't want to go and f*ck my new bike up AND void the warranty, I'm a bricklayer for crying out loud! :D

Doing your own work here doesn't automatically void the warranty unless the warranty provider can prove that the problem was due to the negligence of the owner. As long as you keep receipts/records of the work you did (and assuming you did it correctly) there's not a problem. Also a dealer cannot force you to have service done by them to maintain a warranty unless they offer that service for free.

As far as good customer service here in the US, I'm afraid it is now usually the exception rather than the rule with many things. :(

You must of missed what the government made the tax payers do for GM then huh?;)

Back