• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I hate climbing in the tent. My way to solve the problem?

Oh no! I just realized how wide this needs to be with the torsion axle. I am going to complete it anyway. I will cut it off and switch to the motorcycle swing arm if needed. I hate when that happens!

If one of them turns into a two wheel trailer I would have been better of buying the HF trailer.

Still having fun.

Parts finally are starting to arrive. Tires and rims on Wednesday.The axles shipped today. Hopefully I will be able to start the build by Friday.

I got more of the parts for the trailer.

WIN_20160127_144754.jpg
The tires came today and I mated it the wheel. The is only 16 1/2" in diameter and is very light. It is good for 585 lbs.

WIN_20160127_144833.jpg

I also dug out the parts or using the XT225's wheel and suspension. I should be able to get the dimensions I need. I would really like to make this one so that the trailer has a brake working. I am going to build two up to where the both have the rear complete and then decide which one is the one for this project. The loser ( or winner, depending on how you look at it) I will use. Hell, I might as well make three since I have an extra axle and wheel.

I sure will be happy when the course is open and the temps in the mountains gets warmer. More snow is on the way later in the week.

I have been acting like I couldn't wait for everything to get here. The truth is it took me three days to clean my shop up. I had not done a good clean up after fabricating center stands for four years. It is funny the things you find in a mess after all that time.

Last edited:
I was able to assemble the rear of the trailer. I retained the linkage so that the suspension would be progressive. I also keep the brake hub on the rear wheel. I have an idea so the trailer will have braking. I am going to weld the chain adjusters to the swing arm.
WIN_20160128_164845.jpg

I did receive the torsion axles today also. After looking at them I am going with a two wheel trailer with them. I am really starting to doubt the platform idea of putting the tent on it. Instead I just bought a ten person tent and I will just set and air bed up on how many bins it would take. I do have a use for the rest of the bins elsewhere.

I am sure I heard this idea somewhere.;)

Last edited:
I tow this behind my Goldwing. I wonder how well the NC would do towing it? Probably not bad if not overloaded. With a 20% off coupon it was a reasonable price.

View attachment 28301

78" Tag-Along Trailer - 600 Lb. Capacity

I don't think the NC would have a problem unless you put 600 pounds in it. Do you use a swivel hitch with it? I am going to built a two wheel after this one.

There is a ball on a pivot that does not return to vertical that is sold. I was wondering if that idea mounted with a heavy spring would return it to upright. I think I may try that on the two wheel.

I don't think the NC would have a problem unless you put 600 pounds in it. Do you use a swivel hitch with it? I am going to built a two wheel after this one.

There is a ball on a pivot that does not return to vertical that is sold. I was wondering if that idea mounted with a heavy spring would return it to upright. I think I may try that on the two wheel.

The Goldwing has a frame mounted receiver with a removable, but ridgid, ball mount. A standard trailer coupler works fine.

Last edited:
The Goldwing has a frame mounted receiver with a removable, but ridgid, ball mount. A standard trailer coupler works fine.

Your lean angle has never been a problem on the Wing? I guess it is not exactly a peg dragger. I have never ridden one so I would not know.

This is what I will be dragging behind me to the HH3, if Mike at Moto-Mule gets it finished in time.

View attachment 28302

Ray

Love mine !!.
d7f7e6043b0f58442b6256d4db089f81.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

I have gone about as far as I can go on the trailer. I need to build a tail rack and install the hitch set up. There is still a day or two of welding on the trailer. I will just get the rest of it at the same time.

WIN_20160129_145415.jpg
I gave up on the platform for the tent. But I still like not being on the ground to sleep. The nine bins make a nice platform for the queen air mattress. This is what is loaded now. If it proves to be too long I will shorten it to two boxes deep. As you can see I have not made the deck yet.

WIN_20160129_145637.jpg

The way I built this was with the idea of only using steel I had laying around. So far so good.

WIN_20160129_145348.jpg

Look at the size of these torsion axles.

Since the title of thread has to do with not getting down to crawl into the tent. I should mention I bought a tent that has a door that swings open and Incan then just set inside.

615aL9o1qZL._SL1500_.jpg

It is an inexpensive tent. I won't have to crawl into this one. It weighs 22 pounds. That's a good reason for a trailer.

Last edited:
Had a few hours today so I started on the hitch assembly. I only had time to make the first knuckle. I used 5/8" shoulder bolts to make the connection. When I am done I will tack the bolt to the nut so that there is no possibility of it working it's way out.

WIN_20160130_160745.jpg

WIN_20160130_160821.jpg

I am going the use the receiver to connect the trailer to the bike.

We have about a foot of snow in the forecast for Sunday-Monday. The streets were full of all types of motorcycles today getting on that last ride before the snow.

I started making the tail rack today. Made the brackets only an stopped for two reasons. I didn't know what angle to put the tubing on running back. The other reason it is snowing about an inch an hour. I had to stop twice today to use my homemade snow plow/shovel.

WIN_20151114_150114.jpg

WIN_20151114_150056.jpg

I had a hillbilly cart sitting around so I figured I would use it to make a snow remover. Since it has a motor it pushes snow up to about three inches deep. I live on a corner lot and takes about an hour to hand shovel the drive way and the walks. If I get to the snow before it gets too deep I can do the same thing in under ten minutes.

Cheers

We don't get this much at one time that often. It took me 30 minutes to move the snow so I could get in the shop and turn the heater on. 6 degrees tonight. I feel bad for those that have to go out on those icy roads tomorrow morning.

I did get the brackets made today for the tail rack and bent the tubing. I hope to get most of the rack done tomorrow. It looks like it may be awhile before I will get to test drive the trailer.

Back