• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I hate climbing in the tent. My way to solve the problem?

I think this is going to work. I need to play with how much weight is needed. I will put some stops on. One that is adjustable to keep it from locking up if that is needed. I will add a roller to keep the cable of the frame. But not bad for the first day.

WIN_20160223_141107.jpg

WIN_20160223_141203.jpg

If this does work, I like that everything is part of the trailer. Once connected to the bike the only thing to do is plug in the wiring. I am thinking more weight may be needed. It is easier to add it then to remove it. I think there will be a lot of testing unless I get lucky.

Nortwestrider did a sidecar and tapped into the brake line to work the disc brake on his sidecar. See his post above.

Did not do much today. I did put that additional flap on the rear fender and put the roller on for the cable. I also switched out the turn signals to one that are always lite.

WIN_20160224_131113.jpg

WIN_20160224_131135.jpg

I knew LED lights were not cheap. The two I bought cost more than the fender. I tested all the lights today so there is no problem there. I will say that those lights are very bright. My son is coming over tomorrow to help with the wiring. I could do it, but he will do it right. It will be nice to do some testing on the braking system. I have had to play golf everyday while I waited. The sacrifices you have to make is just terrible.

Lights are wired. I have to clean them up in that they are not secured to the frame completely. I also need to plug them into the bike. But they look good and the trailer should be seen at night. I will try and get some pictures tomorrow when everything is together and hooked up to the bike. It was a very good thing Rey came over to help. The configuration was different so it required a five wire connection. Almost done. Hopefully the only real work to do is in trying to get the brake working and then test rides.

Finished up the wiring and connected the trailer to the bike. Everything checked out. The flasher worked perfectly. Going to take it out when the sun goes down and get a few pictures.

WIN_20160228_153645.jpg

WIN_20160228_153723.jpg

WIN_20160228_152437.jpg

WIN_20160228_191714.jpg

The testing on the brake will start tomorrow but may be delayed a day because of a 20% chance of snow on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Mike, you have made great progress! I finally got some pics of mine taking final shape prior to painting. As soon as I arrive back from Asia, Mike (https://www.facebook.com/MotoMule) and I will start testing behind my NCX.

View attachment 28610

View attachment 28611

View attachment 28612

Ray

That looks great. I am sure it will be easy to pull and provide a great amount of space for all you will need. Post some pictures and a report once you get a chance to get it on the road. I would like to see that. That rear fender looks familiar.

When you do the wiring, opening up the panel underneath and freeing the rubber block will let you pull the wires up on top under the passenger seat making it easier to splice the trailer wires in.

I have entertained taking lighter loads by reducing bins to three instead of nine. The nine bins alone weigh 60#s. With the larger tent I would not have to crawl into the tent but would still be on the ground. But getting rid of the queen air mattress would also shed some pounds. I think I could reduce the load 50 pounds which is probably more weight than your total load. I plan on doing some testing with different loads and determine what is the most beneficial to me. It does help that the knee seems to be improving. A little weight loss and the knee brace seem to be making a difference.

Last edited:
Ray, don't forget the flag. If the cagers don't see the trailer even when stopped at a light they will creep into it.

I haven't done anything with the trailer since I completed the wiring. I need to go to the DMV before I do much testing. That is a half day I don't look forward to.

Looking at some parts and material laying around I decided it would be more fun to make a sliding barn door to seperate the master bath from the master bedroom.

WIN_20160311_192331.jpg

I don't know why the pictures show up on their side.

Taking the grandsons out in the popup in ten days and had to put everything in the new trailer. Haven't touched it since we brought it home from Indy.

I hope to get the trailer out for testing and a test camping trip by early May. I would like to take on a trip in June and ride part of the way with Drdubb.

Attachments

• WIN_20160311_192247.jpg
    WIN_20160311_192247.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 188
Ray, don't forget the flag. If the cagers don't see the trailer even when stopped at a light they will creep into it.
I finally got to do a test ride with mine, am out looking for a flag now! Did a bit of a write up on

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...66-2016-what-did-you-do-your-nc700-today.html

Ray

(Sideways photos - I rotate them upside down, save them, rotate again to correct side up, save them, then upload to the posting. It works for me, no more sideways photos.)

Last edited:
I haven't done anything with the trailer since I completed the wiring. I need to go to the DMV before I do much testing. That is a half day I don't look forward to.

Looking at some parts and material laying around I decided it would be more fun to make a sliding barn door to seperate the master bath from the master bedroom.

View attachment 28746

I don't know why the pictures show up on their side.

How do you hold the door up when you walk underneath? ;)

To get pictures upright with I-phone hold in landscape orientation with button to right. Lefties get most of the upside down pictures wanting to push button with left hand.

How do you hold the door up when you walk underneath? ;)

To get pictures upright with I-phone hold in landscape orientation with button to right. Lefties get most of the upside down pictures wanting to push button with left hand.

I installed an anti gravity device so that the door would stay up. I also have them on my shoes so I can walk on the wall.

I took the pictures with my surface2. They are correct on the surface but won't show correctly when added to the post. I probably have something set up wrong on my device. I don't own a smart phone which demonstrates how little I know using devices.

Last edited:
I think it's the forum that's flipping the pics. The last time I added a photo, it would be on its side no matter what.

I installed an anti gravity device so that the door would stay up. I also have them on my shoes so I can walk on the wall.

I took the pictures with my surface2. They are correct on the surface but won't show correctly when added to the post. I probably have something set up wrong on my device. I don't own a smart phone which demonstrates how little I know using devices.

Probably similar problem on Surface. My I phone shows them correctly too and even on my PC or my surface 3 it can automatically straighten them out, but not forum software. You did take picture in portrait orientation and forum default appears to be landscape. I bet if you rotate your surface and retake picture it will change, and depending on which way you rotate the surface it will either be upright or upside down but not sideways.

I assume there is something in the picture file that knows how the device was held to allow automatically showing correctly and whatever that is does not get recognized by forum software. Editing the picture resets that.

One trick I use after transferring a picture from I-phone to Surface 3 is to edit it on the surface and save it. the saved picture even in portrait orientation will then upload correctly to forum.

Back