• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How the NC stacks up against the Africa twin.

Love the bike a lot but when I climbed up on it I was scared. Another 5'8" 28" inseam guy and at full height it was hard to balance for me and I could envision lots of drops when I hard stopped the beast, compressed the front end, and it bounced back up. Interested to see that another 'perfect size' guy is loving it. I even lowered my NC700X about an inch to be more comfortable. Guess my solution will have to be keep the NC on pavement and dirt roads and buy a light weight 250 cc dual sport for when the going is rough.

There are two height positions with the Standard seat!! The one you sat on was probably in the higher of the two settings!!

Before I took delivery of my bike I ordered the optional "Low Seat" which also has two height settings!! This 5'8", , 28" inseam rider has that optional "Low Seat" set in the Lower of the two settings which allows me to firmly touch the ground with both feet!!

Last edited:
For some reason Honda sent a larger number of silver ATs to the USA. I have had been offered a couple of silver ATs, but I just want the Dakar DCT. In the USA the Dakar DCT is very hard to come by!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered a Africa Twin Givi XS320 Tanklock Tankbag and a Givi BF25 Tanklock for my AT. Givi is just starting to manufacture this bag of the africa twin. It should be on the market by the end of August, which is most likely before I will see my DCT Dakar AT model.
If you get the silver lack of washing is less obvious. :)

A few AT downfalls

Great comparison! My last bike was a 2015 NCXD.
I would like to add to the discussion by comparing the two
on the merits of each DCT generation.

One assumes that the latest gen would always be the best and greatest, but
IMO, the AT falls short.

The NC DCT (2015 and prior,2nd gen) has had ample use and user feedback to
have evolved into a finely tuned robo-shifter.

However, with the AT implementation, there are a few
characteristics that just don't live up to what it could be.

1. Laggard throttle response on the AT.
In situations where you need to pin the throttle to get on lower gears
and accelerate away, the AT lugs the gear and won't shift down as fast as the NC.
The only mode it comes close is S3 (most agressive mode).
Only way around this new mapping is to use the manual shifters.

The 3rd gen DCT on the AT rocks!

1. Laggard throttle response on the AT.
In situations where you need to pin the throttle to get on lower gears
and accelerate away, the AT lugs the gear and won't shift down as fast as the NC.
The only mode it comes close is S3 (most agressive mode).
Only way around this new mapping is to use the manual shifters.

I am officially retracting the above. Since doing another reset
of the clutch, the DCT is performing as it should. It was the oil overfill condition
that contributed to the laggard response of the throttle.

How come my Red can't keep up with yours?:p

Thanks, for the DS ride yesterday!
I've bought the TT engine guards as soon as I got home.
Great tip, it was a steal.
My TT skid plate and upper engine bars arrived yesterday. Still waiting for the lower ones. They looked like the best for the DCT as they appear to give you room to change the DCT filter without having to remove the bars.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My TT skid plate and upper engine bars arrived yesterday. Still waiting for the lower ones. They looked like the best for the DCT as they appear to give you room to change the DCT filter without having to remove the bars.

The TT Engine Guards for the DCT do have good clearance from the engine cases & allow enough space to remove the Clutch Filter Cover!! The left side Guard allows enough room to check the oil level & to Add oil!! They are very nicely done, , completely compatible with the Fairing Guards & are easy to install!!

I have ordered all my accessories, but like my AT Dakar DCT the accessories are on back order. Someday I might have an AT with accessories.
Yup, I just opened my box from TT and just realized it's only the upper faring bars that came in. Still waiting on the skid plate and the lower DCT bars. After that a set of Barkbusters and I'll be almost set. Looking a chain oiler options now...

I saw how well the tutoro chain oiler has worked on Fuzzy's NC7. I have ordered the Tutoro directly from the England factory.
Been thinking about that one. Seems pretty simple to operate and I don't have to remove the gas tank to connect to a vacuum line like the Scott oiler. They are very close in price too. So, Tutoro wins there. Been also looking at the Comeleon Plus. Little more money but can get it quickly with Amazon Prime and it's electric and programmable for how many seconds per drip.

Been thinking about that one. Seems pretty simple to operate and I don't have to remove the gas tank to connect to a vacuum line like the Scott oiler. They are very close in price too. So, Tutoro wins there. Been also looking at the Comeleon Plus. Little more money but can get it quickly with Amazon Prime and it's electric and programmable for how many seconds per drip.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00QXUA03I/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I had a Tutoro on my NC. I have also used Scottoilers on other bikes. For me the Tutoro wins hands down. No Vacuum. No electronics. It simply works off the movement of the bike and the metering is more accurate than Scottoiler. I say this because while the Scottoiler maintained lube on the chain, it also dispensed too much around the back of the bike. By comparison, while the chain is well lubed by the Tutoro, it does not spread nearly as much oil elsewhere.

After having the Tutoro for 10,000+ miles. I have no desire to try anything else. I just top it off when I notice it getting low.
The Tutoro is stupid simple and just works. After buying it, having a chain doesn't bother me anymore. I wish I had have bought one when I first got the NC. I'm not saying that the others are not good, but I don't think they will be any better than the Tutoro.

After having the Tutoro for 10,000+ miles. I have no desire to try anything else. I just top it off when I notice it getting low.
The Tutoro is stupid simple and just works. After buying it, having a chain doesn't bother me anymore. I wish I had have bought one when I first got the NC. I'm not saying that the others are not good, but I don't think they will be any better than the Tutoro.
Thanks for the feedback. Think I will go with the Tutoro.

Just arrived yesterday! Will be installing it this weekend.
6dba1badd872facf4a040c608f35cad3.jpg

Back