• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How the NC stacks up against the Africa twin.

OCR :confused:

Anybody got any theories ? He should have had it last Saturday ?? Too busy riding ??

Still no word. One has to wonder if OCR is disappointed with his new purchase. Perhaps for Him it is not as good as his trusty NC.

Still no word. One has to wonder if OCR is disappointed with his new purchase. Perhaps for Him it is not as good as his trusty NC.

I do like both bikes a lot. I worked on and rode both bikes today. The AT DCT does change gears quicker than I thought it would.

Queenie 1.jpg

Queenie2.jpg

Queenie3.jpg

Queenie4.jpg

Queenie5.jpg

Queenie6.jpg

Queenie7.jpg

Queenie8.jpg

Last edited:
Which dealer would that be?

Honda of Russellville had both AT colors in stock in both manual and DCT one week ago. One of the salesmen did buy a manual Dakar and I got the DCT Dakar. However, he did get DCT's and manual AT in this week. Now has silver in both manual and DCT, and one more DCT Dakar.

Nice pics, same colour as mine. How are You with saddle height ?

One bit of advice. Be very careful of those OEM tyres in the wet. They nearly had me off several times. I eventually parted with them well before they were worn out.

The fit of the AT is perfect for me. The only problem I can see is swinging my bad leg over the rear seat when all my camping gear is on the back seat. With the operation I have coming this month, it looks like I will have to around April to figure out the camping gear problem.

The fit of the AT is perfect for me. The only problem I can see is swinging my bad leg over the rear seat when all my camping gear is on the back seat. With the operation I have coming this month, it looks like I will have to around April to figure out the camping gear problem.

I can understand that. I now just get on and off by standing on the left peg with the bike on the side stand. However gear on the saddle is always a problem no matter how good or bad a leg is.

What is your opinion of the motor although I suppose your views with a DCT motor will differ considerably from someone with a standard gearbox ?

I can understand that. I now just get on and off by standing on the left peg with the bike on the side stand. However gear on the saddle is always a problem no matter how good or bad a leg is.

What is your opinion of the motor although I suppose your views with a DCT motor will differ considerably from someone with a standard gearbox ?

I stand on the left peg also, as it seems to be the best way for getting on and off the AT. I saw Dave using this peg method to get on and off of his NC7 DCT, that is how I came to use this method. A friend who has a BMW adventure 1200, uses this way of getting on and off of his beamer also. He has set on my AT, and states it is a lot easier than the beamer to get on and off. He also likes the riding position better than his beamer.

I honestly do not have enough time riding the AT to have an opinion of the motor. I do know that the idle speed on my AT is set just a little to high at the factory, and without a service manual I have yet to find the idle adjustment screw. Idle is fine when first starting the motor, but once the motor warms up, the idel is a bit to high. I do also know that there is just know way I could ever change gears as fast as the DCT does. It is like you are speed shifting with a manual transmission without using the clutch. However, the DCT is using the clutch.

Last edited:
I suspect I will eventually own a Honda with DCT. I loved it when I tried the NC750X with DCT.

Pic from todays ride. For those of us from these parts, much of the TV series "Vikings" was shot at the edge of the lake below.

P1050421.jpg

Although I am very athletic :p, I use the "Roy Rogers" mount/dismount as demonstrated
by this guy (Clinton Smout: like all of his tips for big bike riding)
He does it while moving, but I had to practice a few times with the bike on stand as follows:
1. Hold the bars with both hands. Left leg on left peg, then straighten left leg.
2. Bend right leg with knee forward/up until foot clears the low part of saddle, shift body to right; right foot on right peg.
3. Sit.
Dismount is just the reverse, after you put stand down.
[video=youtube;TeBOvLQcmwQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeBOvLQcmwQ[/video]
I stand on the left peg also, as it seems to be the best way for getting on and off the AT. I saw Dave using this peg method to get on and off of his NC7 DCT, that is how I came to use this method. A friend who has a BMW adventure 1200, uses this way of getting on and off of his beamer also. He has set on my AT, and states it is a lot easier than the beamer to get on and off. He also likes the riding position better than his beamer.

Good luck with that Clint but what would not work for me. I prefer to be in control of the bike before I start moving and be in control of the bike when I stop which means in the saddle with feet and hands on all the controls. A flight instructor taught me "you fly the plane until it's tied down."

I agree with Dave. Put a duck foot on the side stand, then you can do the same thing went sitting stopped. He has his camping gear on top of this panniers, and far to the rear. Have a top rear box, and your camping gear on the back seat. How you get you leg across in this configuration I have not figured out yet. Except for my old sliding the foot and leg across the front seat, standing with your back to the bike and holding on the handlebar so as to not fall over is all I have been able to use thus far. However, there must be something better for getting on and off the bike when the back seat is full with camping gear.

Back