• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda wheel weights

I received a message back from RIDE-ON.
This is what the messages says :
"Ken,
You do not need to remove the wheel weights. Ride-On will work with your existing wheel weights in place. In a very small percentage of cases, typically less than 10%, you will need to remove the wheel weights as Ride-On will have balanced out a irregularity inside a tire and the wheel weights are now causing a redundant out of balance situation (double compensation). You can also remove the wheel weights altogether if you prefer (nicer, cleaner look). We recommend you to install the severe dose of Ride-On when you are relying on it as the sole source of balancing. The additional amount of product will provide a thicker coating where it is necessary. We do not recommend exceeding the Severe dosage or putting in less than the Regular dosage."

If you do due diligence and research the topic, and then actually try it (like I did - life is a lab you know), you will see it is a viable alterative. Or don't.

If you do due diligence and research the topic, and then actually try it (like I did - life is a lab you know), you will see it is a viable alterative. Or don't.

It's simple physics actually. [video=youtube;eq263AYgyYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq263AYgyYg[/video]

It's simple physics actually. [video=youtube;eq263AYgyYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq263AYgyYg[/video]

Or a parlor trick that has nothing to do with a fixed axle motorcycle tire wheel assembly.

Google a little more and find one scientific paper, test, or independent lab that says they work. Motorcycle Consumer News did a test a few years back and concluded they did not harm that they could determine but also did no good as far as balance but did have adverse effect on handling in a few bikes. There is a engineering paper in England that turns up on several forums that says they do not work. I have seen but not going to bother to find it again.
Or maybe find a SAE paper that says beads work and should be used by an OEM. (I am member of the SAE) :eek:. And by the way there are no peer reviewed papers on the topic. :cool:

Simple physics......put a load of beads or any liquid in a tire and put it on a spin balancer........hint it never balances and the $10000.00 balance machine says no go.

Find one tire or vehicle manufactures ( car or bike) that allows or recommends bead balance.

This argument is more controversial that most oil threads and it is never settled on any forum. Wish they would do a double blind 5-10 bike ride and drive with 20 riders and have bikes with no balance done, stand balance, spin balance and bead balance and one or two bike with say 5 oz of weight added to the rim randomly creating a severe imbalance mix them up every which way and have the riders rate the ride and vibration or lack of it.

Last edited:
Back