• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750x with a 19 inch front wheel

The6thmartin

Reaction score
Visit site
I've done it! I have a 2019 cb500x front wheel and fork lowers on my 750x. it rides fantastic and has a nice light feel. I have gained a lot of influence in steering with pegs as well. I had been running a mitas e07 120/90/17 which worked great for trails and some hardcore stuff but the extra mass and width was very noticeable.

For those interested I have taken some measurements of the fork parts:

nc750xCB500x
spring15 1/2"14 15/16"
Damping Rod9 1/4"9"
Fork Tube Length25 1/4"24 5/8"
Fork Lower unit depth12 7/16"13 1/8"

For those paying attention, the NC has a longer damper rod than the CBX despite the fact that honda CLAIMS the CBX has 1/2" more travel. I am not sure where they got that math but as far as I was able to see and measure it had just under 5.5" of travel. I was able to combine the NC fork tube and the CBX lowers with a 1" spacer under the damping rod to get a longer overall fork. Someday I will have a longer damping rod made.

as for the wheel fitment and spacing, it fits great with the extra length in suspension however, the NC fork spacing is 10mm wider than the CBX. this means with the standard CBX spacers in the wheel is 5mm off-center. Proper spacers and a longer axle are being machined but the 5mm offset does not make it ride too wonky.

COST!!!!! I'm sure everybody would love to know the dollariedoos spent on this shenanigans sooo here it is:

used wheel/tire $300
used forks $180 each
new OE axle, spacers, bolts $50
new brake rotor and hardware $160
new fork oil $20?

so like $900

honestly it could be done by buying OE cb500x fork lowers which go for $96 on partzilla but I also got adjustable spring preload caps from the CBX forks.

let me know what you think!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    619.6 KB · Views: 96
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 85
What is the weight of the CB500x parts as opposed to the NC750x parts?
I dropped 5.5 lbs in the wheel/tire combo(31lbs to 25.5lbs). that being said my front tire was not stock so I don't know how much less than stock I am. I'm going to assume the fork lowers from the 500x are a couple ounces heavier since they were longer but nothing id worry about.

Hello Martin,

Congratulations to the wheel swap!

I also wan't to do something similar for a long time, considering options, different forks, 21" wheels, etc. Finally decided just to put in a 19" wheel (I have RaceTech valves in the front, so the fork is ok now for the dirt riding I indent to do the NC).

My big question to you: replacing ONLY the CB500X wheel could work as well? It also has a 320mm brake disc, so the NC brakes would be in good position (not talking about the offset from the wheel centre, for that spacers might be needed).

Many thanks in advance for the reply.

I've done it! I have a 2019 cb500x front wheel and fork lowers on my 750x. it rides fantastic and has a nice light feel. I have gained a lot of influence in steering with pegs as well. I had been running a mitas e07 120/90/17 which worked great for trails and some hardcore stuff but the extra mass and width was very noticeable.

nc750xCB500x
spring15 1/2"14 15/16"
Damping Rod9 1/4"9"

For those paying attention, the NC has a longer damper rod than the CBX despite the fact that honda CLAIMS the CBX has 1/2" more travel. I am not sure where they got that math but as far as I was able to see and measure it had just under 5.5" of travel. I was able to combine the NC fork tube and the CBX lowers with a 1" spacer under the damping rod to get a longer overall fork. Someday I will have a longer damping rod made.

as for the wheel fitment and spacing, it fits great with the extra length in suspension however, the NC fork spacing is 10mm wider than the CBX. this means with the standard CBX spacers in the wheel is 5mm off-center. Proper spacers and a longer axle are being machined but the 5mm offset does not make it ride too wonky.

COST!!!!! I'm sure everybody would love to know the dollariedoos spent on this shenanigans sooo here it is:

used wheel/tire $300
used forks $180 each
new fork oil $20?

so like $900

honestly it could be done by buying OE cb500x fork lowers which go for $96 on partzilla but I also got adjustable spring preload caps from the CBX forks.

That is fantastic that you were able to pull that off. Gald you are happy with the results and I like the aesthetic.

Hello Martin,

Congratulations to the wheel swap!

I also wan't to do something similar for a long time, considering options, different forks, 21" wheels, etc. Finally decided just to put in a 19" wheel (I have RaceTech valves in the front, so the fork is ok now for the dirt riding I indent to do the NC).

My big question to you: replacing ONLY the CB500X wheel could work as well? It also has a 320mm brake disc, so the NC brakes would be in good position (not talking about the offset from the wheel centre, for that spacers might be needed).

Many thanks in advance for the reply.
I don’t think you can only do the wheel. The cb500 uses a smaller diameter axle. I didn’t check if the wheel bearing O.D. was the same for both wheels to see if they could be changed to accept a larger diameter axle from the NC. Not to mention with the extra diameter you need to pull the stock fender and if you plan on using all the travel, you have to add some length to the front forks to keep away from hitting the exhaust. You must lift the rear to keep the geometry relatively the same. My NC has shorter links in the rear that lifted it about 1/2” as well as a rear tire that added 1/2” from axle to ground. In total it sits close to an inch higher than stock.

Good luck

Last edited:

nc750xCB500x
spring15 1/2"14 15/16"
Damping Rod9 1/4"9"

used wheel/tire $300
used forks $180 each
new fork oil $20?

so like $900

Great mod, just need a tire hugger front fender to make it factory look

Back