• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda promotions for Winter 2012-2013

As I said we had already come to arrangement on price and as I usually pay cash the dealer would assume I was doing so this time. as I also said this was back when the banks interest rate was worth having

I disagree and think there is a free lunch sometimes. ...Tony
Agreed on the free lunch. Dealerships make money in the service department. If they can sell you a bike at little profit, they hope to make it back when you return for servicing. The key to negotiating is to want something...but not too much.

I've purchased my last several vehicles using my credit card. That sounds dumb with credit card interest rates, but I pay it off at the end of the month when the bill comes due. In the meantime, I do get a hefty dividend on the credit card I use. I'll make several hundred on the purchase. I don't think the price was jacked up because of using the credit card either, since I got quite a bit off each purchase.

Since I do virtually all my own maintenance, I save quite a few $$ in the end.

Chris

Last edited:
All the credit theory-craft on credit aside, no one has any solid leads on Honda's January promotions, correct?

Hi there,
I work in the Banking industry. Here goes my rant (all in good fun and well intentions)

Let me make this "clever" for us:

If the bank gives you interest less than say 1 % (eg: savings), then any interest rate out there which is more than 1% is not good. You should just take out the cash from your savings and pay up full.

If there are loan interest rates which are lower than banking (savings) interest rates (which is uncommon but possible), then it is good practice to take out that loan for maximum amount. In that way, you save the difference. I saw Mitsubishi Motors giving 0% on their autos now.

Having said that, many people cannot afford the cash upfront and therefore have to rely on credits. That is the way banks and financial institutions make profits to pay for the other people who put their monies inside their organisations in the first place (they earn an interest on their money loaned to you).

There is no free lunch, some rightly said it here.

One more hint and tip: always buy something which you can pay off immediately if an emergency comes up. That is, if you need to, pay up.
Don't buy anything which you need to risk giving up halfway through the loan.
Buy what you can really afford and not what you think you want. The NCX is therefore an excellent "low" cost money-for-value motorcycle.

If you need to count all the pennies when buying any bike, it is better to not have it.

Best regards and Happy New Year!
~Joe
:D

Back