• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda promotions for Winter 2012-2013

Cagedodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Just curious if anyone has a handle on how Honda does promotions throughout the year. I'm ready to buy an NCXD but I'm not sure if the current 2.99% is the best that Honda will do during the winter. Suzuki is currently doing 0% with an added $500 cash (I guess accessories?) program and they have my #2 choice of a Wee Strom as an offering. My wife is a major force behind this decision because she'll never let me hear the end of it if I don't get the absolute best deal possible.

Does anyone have any insight on what Honda's promotions will be next month? Has anyone stumbled across a site that tracks the major bike manufacturers' promotions by time of year? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Being from the UK I can not adcise on Honda Americas promotions. However why not point out to your good lady that the purchase price is only part of it and that the lower running cost of the NC would be a factor. Explain that the money you save on fuel over the year would buy her a really nice Christmas present next year. I'm lucky in that my wife agrees with me that the money spent on our bikes comes under the heading of essentials

My dealer was able to advise me of a promotion 2 months before it was due. I had mentioned I wanted to order a bike but wanted a good deal on finance which was not on offer when we talked. He got the finance dept to call Honda UK to get a heads up on any upcoming offers. Thats when I put deposit down :)

Tony

Last edited:
You can always talk with your dealer. If he gives you a fair price, take it. They are businesses, and businesses need to make a profit.
:p

I don't know if it was a promotion or not, but I got mine for 1.99%. Even 2.99% is very close to the rate of inflation, and at those kind of rates, it is better to finance than to pay cash. The cost is quite minimal annually if you work it out.

I financed 7K at 1.99 for 36 mos and it will cost me $200 in interest over the life of the loan. One extra point at 2.99 would certainly not be a deal-breaker for me. You're only talking a hundred bucks.

I am brought to mind of a saying I heard once which I will apply here: "Half of every dollar I spend on fun is wasted, trouble is I don't know which half." Actually it was William Wrigley the chewing gum magnate who said that about advertising. Not my original thought but relevant here.

I always go by the adage: Bulls make money. Bears make money. Pigs get slaughtered. Good Luck in your quest to get the best deal you can find.

sorry, i respectfully disagree, cash is always king. if a person is able to do so and has the means to do it, you will always get a better deal when paying cash. i've never run into a situation where it was better to finance anything verses paying cash for it.

sorry, i respectfully disagree, cash is always king. if a person is able to do so and has the means to do it, you will always get a better deal when paying cash. i've never run into a situation where it was better to finance anything verses paying cash for it.

I did go for a 0% deal some years ago back in the good old days when the interest rate on the money left in the bank rather than paying cash was actually worth having

There is no free lunch and there is no such thing a 0%.........because someone is paying for the borrowed money.........most likely suspect is the purchaser and not the dealer or manufacturer................like NC700.Com said...........CASH IS KING

Not sure whether the bike world is the same as the automotive world, but in theautomotive world it is VERY common for financing to becheaper than cash. Dealers nearly always get a 'piece' of every vehicle financed (usually a cash or cash-equivalent payment), so for the same transaction price they make more when the customer finances. Also, the big finance companies end up buying your car for A LOT less than you 'pay,' which is how they can still make money when offering you "0%."

My dealer claimed that they didnare whether I paid cash or financed, and I preferred to pay cash, so that's what I did. If your finance company requires full coverage insurance, and IF you wouldn't otherwise carry collision coverage, then financing would be more expensive by far, regardless what the stated interest rate is.

Not sure whether the bike world is the same as the automotive world, but in theautomotive world it is VERY common for financing to becheaper than cash. Dealers nearly always get a 'piece' of every vehicle financed (usually a cash or cash-equivalent payment), so for the same transaction price they make more when the customer finances. Also, the big finance companies end up buying your car for A LOT less than you 'pay,' which is how they can still make money when offering you "0%."

My dealer claimed that they didnare whether I paid cash or financed, and I preferred to pay cash, so that's what I did. If your finance company requires full coverage insurance, and IF you wouldn't otherwise carry collision coverage, then financing would be more expensive by far, regardless what the stated interest rate is.

This.

Dealerships make more money if you finance - so they are incented to give you a lower price than cash.

If possible, best to finance (for the lower Out The Door price) and then pay off the loan to mitigate the interest.

I can agree with both sides of the argument that you guys are sporting, but I like the finance option best because it does the least damage to my current pocket. I used to HATE the thought of financing anything at all, but a few years ago I started doing the math and getting wise to the whole credit scam and realized that financing is almost necessary to boosting your credit rating; as long as you can afford to pay cash anyway. I'll go the finance route on this bike, hold the note for 6 months then pay it off, as long as whoever does Honda's loans doesn't have an early payoff penalty (in which case, I'll be on the Wee-Strom, heh).

I was hoping to see if anyone had heard of or had any insight on Honda USA's 2013 Winter promotions. I'd be super irritated if I bought one and then saw Honda offering a better deal a few days later. Too bad they don't do a 30 day price/deal guarantee, lol. Ultimately the interest rate isn't as important (considering the early payoff intention), but if there's an accessory deal or "cash back" promo, I absolutely want in on that one.

There is no free lunch and there is no such thing a 0%.........because someone is paying for the borrowed money.........most likely suspect is the purchaser and not the dealer or manufacturer................like NC700.Com said...........CASH IS KING

I disagree and think there is a free lunch sometimes. I bought my honda pcx at 0% over 3 years and got £200 off list price as well as a free 1st service. This was when the pcx was fairly new model. When the loan is repaid no doubt the loan company will be in touch to offer preferrable rates for another purchase. Thats one way they can make money through repeat custom.

Tony

Last edited:

All I know is that the deposit & payments only equalled the agreed purchase price. I had the cash so after paying the deposit I left the remainder in the bank earning interest. The only catch was the ammount of interest payable if payments were paid late.

All I know is that the deposit & payments only equalled the agreed purchase price. I had the cash so after paying the deposit I left the remainder in the bank earning interest. The only catch was the ammount of interest payable if payments were paid late.

Agreed payments equal purchase price plus interest charges..........but the theory of "cash is king"..........the cash should be lower to start with..........but that gets back to skilled negotiation on the OTD.

The other Point on rebates and low or no interest loans they are usually done ( by the manufacturer ) on slow moving or extreme high inventory vehicles ...............do not think that applies to the NC700 at this time. In the states rebates on cars become a norm raise the price slowly give rebate and customer thinks they got great deal. Example of a $44,000 pickup with a $5000 rebate comes to mind.

Compared to the competion the NC has a great price advantage to the buying customer. If supply becomes short the dealers could ask and get closer to MSRP..........middle of winter is bargin time!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I had already negotiated a discount before stating how I was going to pay so with my trade in as a big deposit I only had the difference to pay. I cant remember the figures but to make it simple lets say the difference was £3600. The payments would be 36 months at £100. So I put the £3600 which I had in cash in the bank and drew £100 of it out each month. Meanwhile the ammount in the bank is earning interest. In view of this please explain how I was loosing

. Meanwhile the ammount in the bank is earning interest. In view of this please explain how I was loosing
Some of these numbers become so low trying to save $200.......not worth the hassle. As other have stated.......

You may have succeeded in tricking the bank and the dealer..........?But...... Then there the chance the cash price could have been lower. Through in a trade things really get complicated on figuring what the actual value of the trade is and how much is actually given............all dealers love trades.........real money is made on trades and the sale of used bikes......buy low sell high.

Here in the states a 1.9 % load rate or even .9 % might be the had but the norm might be closer to 3.9 % then the banks pays .02 to .25 % interest on a money market your in the hole to start then you have income taxes on the interest earn which in money market or bank deposit is very very small right now. Invest in the stock market then it starts to make sense but then the risk of the market must be weighed in. On larger scale much of our real estate and bank problems were based on large loans and timing the market to beat the bank at their own game trying make money on the market gains in stock or real estate.

All things consided........
You did very well. Well done.

Back