• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Help! Please

Turns out it was 2.4 miles not 24
1 Yamaha 250, HD Fat Boy, FLH, FLHX, then FLHX Special. All were manual transmission. In a hurry and should have studied Owners Manual prior to first ride. Thought it very unresponsive at takeoff, but had read many reviews that it is underpowered. Anyhow I readjusted Parking brake and all is well. Just vibrates more than any of my full size Harley's did, even with full spectrum tunes. Probably is just the parallel Twin. Any ideas on decent wind/rain protection and saddles?

1 Yamaha 250, HD Fat Boy, FLH, FLHX, then FLHX Special. All were manual transmission. In a hurry and should have studied Owners Manual prior to first ride. Thought it very unresponsive at takeoff, but had read many reviews that it is underpowered. Anyhow I readjusted Parking brake and all is well. Just vibrates more than any of my full size Harley's did, even with full spectrum tunes. Probably is just the parallel Twin. Any ideas on decent wind/rain protection and saddles?
On the saddle, I loved Corbin on the four Hondas my wife and I have owned. There is an owner here who had Seth Laam build a seat for him and I recall him liking it a lot, and I think it was the best looking seat I’ve seen so far. I have the seat concepts on this NC and it is just okay to me. Opinions on seats are subjective, but I thought Corbin was the best. The Seat Concept seat is better than stock and does let you ride much longer, but you still notice it. Anyhow, hope this helps.

Unfortunately, asking about saddles is like asking what is the best beer or the best car. Seats and windscreens are personal choices. I could tell you what works for me, but it may not work for you. There are many threads on these topics, but unfortunately they don’t reach solid conclusions.

If you had a way of describing what you like, or maybe toss in your body domensions, someone can offer is
ideas, but it’s best done in it’s own specific thread.

For those not familiar with the 21 + DCT dash, here's what it looks like when you turn on the key on all the various warning lights come on (notice the gear indicator, tach and the speedo which it runs thru all the numbers to make sure they are working ... it's not really in 6th above redline going 180 mph lol). The water temp, oil pressure, high beam,and PGMFI light go out as soon as the numbers all cycle and the voltage gauge, fuel gauge, trip meter and clock then come on.

sgxZKQ7h.jpg

Here's what it looks like when the bike is started in neutral with the parking brake on...all the lights go out except the Neutral light, the TC, the ABS and the Parking brake lights

4YWyNQhh.jpg

and here's what it looks like after being put in gear and ridden about 30 feet so that the TC and ABS lights go out but with the parking brake on

nAqD2mzh.jpg

btw I had to stop and put the parking brake on for that picture. On my bike I could not move it out of the garage by hand with the parking brake on

also found these pics in my files of the rear brake pads

Y3LBJT8h.jpg

and the parking brake pads

UBA2F3Oh.jpg

For those not familiar with the 21 + DCT dash, here's what it looks like when you turn on the key on all the various warning lights come on (notice the gear indicator, tach and the speedo which it runs thru all the numbers to make sure they are working ... it's not really in 6th above redline going 180 mph lol). The water temp, oil pressure, high beam,and PGMFI light go out as soon as the numbers all cycle and the voltage gauge, fuel gauge, trip meter and clock then come on.

sgxZKQ7h.jpg

Here's what it looks like when the bike is started in neutral with the parking brake on...all the lights go out except the Neutral light, the TC, the ABS and the Parking brake lights

4YWyNQhh.jpg

and here's what it looks like after being put in gear and ridden about 30 feet so that the TC and ABS lights go out but with the parking brake on

nAqD2mzh.jpg

btw I had to stop and put the parking brake on for that picture. On my bike I could not move it out of the garage by hand with the parking brake on

also found these pics in my files of the rear brake pads

Y3LBJT8h.jpg

and the parking brake pads

UBA2F3Oh.jpg
I noticed in the two photos showing the dash layout that you have what appears to be an outside temp gauge? If this is a temp gauge will you please share where you purchased it, how much was it and does it work as you expected it to, how would you rate it. My previous bikes, GoldWing & CTX1300A both came with an outside temp gauge and I kind of miss having one. The one in the photos looks pefect. Thanks, PaPaJo

I noticed in the two photos showing the dash layout that you have what appears to be an outside temp gauge? If this is a temp gauge will you please share where you purchased it, how much was it and does it work as you expected it to, how would you rate it. My previous bikes, GoldWing & CTX1300A both came with an outside temp gauge and I kind of miss having one. The one in the photos looks pefect. Thanks, PaPaJo

Papajo, here's a thread with all the details

@ PaPaJo Looks like you can get it for about $9 from Chewys

btw searching for them online just now I found you can get them in black (Petco only had yellow in store) which I had to cover with electrical tape so it would blend in, then I removed the tape when someone mentioned it would get gooey in the summer and tried to color it with a black magic marker which looks kind of streaky in the bright sunlight.

Last edited:
@ PaPaJo Looks like you can get it for about $9 from Chewys

btw searching for them online just now I found you can get them in black (Petco only had yellow in store) which I had to cover with electrical tape so it would blend in, then I removed the tape when someone mentioned it would get gooey in the summer and tried to color it with a black magic marker which looks kind of streaky in the bright sunlight.
Thanks for getting back to me and for the link on where I can get one.

270 degree crankshaft is the culprit.

The parking brake on just about anything that rolls is only as effective as it can be, based on its present adjustment. Even slightly out of a adjustment, both my Wing and my NC will roll with power applied to the rear wheel. But, obviously, if the P/B is adjusted properly, it will hold quite well even with basic power applied to the rear wheel. I just rode about 2 miles on a very steep grade, UPHILL with the Wing and with the CEO on board and could smell something after a bit. I thought it was a bit sluggish for my normal operation looked down and yep,, my parking brake was on!!!!!!!! CRAP! So, I told the wife that I'm gonna have to seriously look at E/C's harness that prevents the DCT from going into gear. I thought I'd never need it but, yep, getting old sucks!
Scott

Back