• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Rochester, NY, USA

Thumper

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very pleased to discover this forum and VERY pleased to discover the NC.
I took the name "Thumper" for this forum because I love thumpers, ie., single cylinder motorcycles.
Unfortunately, I have never had a true British long stroke thumper; all of my singles (14) have been Japanese bikes with oversquare, (short stroke) motors.
I love the current Royal Enfields and might have purchased one had I not stumbled upon the NC with this great long stroke twin.
Now I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the only NC our local bike shop will receive this summer.
Looks like all the US bikes will be silver, so, though I would prefer white, Silver will be just fine.
There are several features on the NC that I could do without, but they are a small price to pay for such a wonderful motor.
I am sure all of us who have yet to see or ride the NC are as eager as I am to have it reach our shores.
Also very eager for the aftermarket to begin to address this new bike, which I hope will sell very well and continue to be developed.
So, Hello NC700 community!
Glad to be aboard!

Hello Thumper and welcome. Yes, I'm in agreement with you on the Enfield, but good things come to those who wait ;) So wait we shall wait (before summer is up).

Thanks for the welcoming words. I imagine (read, I hope) that there are a few hundred of us in waiting mode, and that, once the bikes finally hit the dealerships, the internet and forum chat will spike as we discover what these bikes are all about.
Too, we have to wait for the bikes to get here before the stateside aftermarket guys can work their magic.
I am usually a very patient guy, but this has been, and is, an excruciating wait.
I think, for all of us, it will be worth the wait.

Thumper I hired a RE for a week in 2010 to tour part of Scotland and really enjoyed it. However having done over 5000 miles on my NC700X I can assure you that it is a much better bike. I'm sure you that you will find the wait (however frustrating it may be ) well wortwhile

The fruit is sweeter after all that waiting.....good luck guys. In the meantime, I will try to upload some new vids and pics...just to ease your pains. :p

Back