• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Louisiana

CoopaLoop

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, I've been looking around the forum for a while but this is my first post. It's awesome to see a good community going!
I love the NC on paper and think it would be a great fit for me and my wants/needs. Today I gave one a test ride for the first time and it totally lived up to my expectations! I even followed up immediately with test riding a VStrom, which I also liked, but still couldn't beat the NC for me. Unfortunately I'm a government employee temporarily on furlough, so I probably won't be purchasing until October... But now I'm pretty sure what I'll be getting.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375473367.555841.jpg
And here's a pic of the one I rode. Looking on the Honda website I didn't like the red, but seeing it in person I think it looks great.
Hopefully soon I'll be posting again to report myself as a new owner!

Unfortunately I'm a government employee temporarily on furlough, so I probably won't be purchasing until October... But now I'm pretty sure what I'll be getting.

Welcome to the forum from SE AZ.

The whole furlough/sequestration thing makes no sense at all to me - lots of other ways to cut back - but that's a topic for another venue. Suffice to say, you have my sympathy.

To save a couple of bucks, have you thought about used? Given that it is a Honda and, if you've been looking around on this forum, you will have seen that it is pretty bullet proof (take a look at the "Where's da bugs" thread if you've not already found it). IMHO would think you'd be on pretty safe ground. (Bought mine used with 2000 miles and have put 1000+ miles on it so far.) Craigslist is probably a good starting place if you are so inclined.

I'm not opposed at all to used - but it's hard to find an NCs in my area... I haven't even seen one out in the wild yet. Ive been keeping an eye out for them used and would be willing to travel a couple hours, but no luck.
No big deal though, being bikeless is a sacrifice I'm willing to make for now, so I'm not in a hurry. Bad thing is I might get downsized to a lower paying position in October - if that happens I might just sell my car and get an NC and a good rain suit... Would end up cheaper just off gas and insurance.
Oh well, if nothing else the dealership will get to know me as I come back for test rides on all my furlough days!

Thanks for the welcomes!

CMGuy, wouldn't you know that as soon as I said I couldn't find used ones, I saw a used NC in my city on craigslist. Price is right and only 800 miles on it... hopefully he still has it in a month and a half, then I'll be all over it!

I'm not opposed at all to used - but it's hard to find an NCs in my area... I haven't even seen one out in the wild yet. Ive been keeping an eye out for them used and would be willing to travel a couple hours, but no luck.
How about Mounds, OK? 2012 Honda NC700X Just posted on this forum this morning. Timing may be off for you but might be worth a look.

Just saw that, too! Mound is about 5-6 hours from here... Worth the drive for a bike, but yeah, timing is a little off. At least I know there are more options than I thought, now to just weather through this job BS for another month and starting looking seriously.

I just saw an NC700 on the road for the first time last week, in Baton Rouge.

I have my KTM up for sale and can't get anything else until I sell it. I promised that I wouldn't buy another bike or anymore guns
until our house is sold and we've moved into a new one. So, one bike at a time.....for now. I hate to see the KTM go, but I really
want to start doing some traveling.

Oh, and welcome!

Back