• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Greetings from sunny Florida

KGround

Reaction score
Visit site
Been cold here lately - if it gets much colder I may have to put the liner in my jacket ...

AFTER I got the NC I started reading reviews. It is interesting what they say in those reviews and it really points out that there are many different riding styles. For me the NC is ideal. I commute with it every day on the interstate which means some days I have to go 85 or get run over by hell bound idiots and other days I am constantly moving for 20 miles but at about half the speed I could walk. For me the NC is ideal. I haven't run it wide open yet, but my guess top speed will be about 100. It doesn't mind running 80-85 for an hour, which is plenty for me. I prefer the cruiser style and find the NC a bit too Star Wars looking for my taste, but I also find that I can't see it when I am sitting on it, so that doesn't really matter. I agree with many of the comments - the seat could be better, as could the back brake (my comments are on one of the brake threads), and as I am tall I will add handlebar extenders for better riding posture. On the other hand one of my short friends complains that it is too tall for him (a lowering kit is available).
This is NOT the street racer it tries to look like, which seems to be the major issue for most of those who have written bad reviews. Look at the Hp ratings - it lacks the raw power of a 750 Magna or even a Shadow or Night Hawk. On the other hand I immediately and without trying got twice the MPG right off the showroom floor than I ever managed with the Magna no matter how economically I drove the Magna, and the mileage seems to be getting better as it is broken in. With the lower weight distribution, it is much more comfortable to ride in slow traffic and in fact I sometimes find myself completely stopped for a few seconds before I am reminded to put my feet down. Try that with a Magna or Night Hawk. In a top end race the Magna will leave it in the dust, but how often do I really need to go 130 ? It would be interesting to see how it does with a passenger - the lower Hp may hurt there, but for me it is not really an issue because I don't carry passengers - don't believe in it. The gas mileage does suffer more than other motors in stop and go traffic- doesn't seem to make much difference how fast you go on the Magna, gas mileage remains about 35 at best.
WORST thing about this motor is the $%^$ idiot designed gas gauge. Mine has yet to read innaccurately, but what MORON decided that the bottom bar should not operate the same way as the others? This is nothing but a software design error and would have cost them NOTHING more to do correctly. The bottom bar should display for about the same distance as the other bars before blinking to indicate the reserve. In a few years many of us will be wishing we had the old mechanical reserve valve when that electronic piece of excrement fails and we find out how much it costs to replace it.
The best feature may in the long run turn out to be the frunk. It holds everything I need for daily use and keeps the stuff dry. No saddlebags to break the lines of the bike and add wind resistance until I need to carry a lot of stuff for a trip.

Welcome from NJ! Nice and honest write up! Enjoy and be safe!!!

Hey, I was just down in the Tampa bay area a week ago. I took my NCX camping, and of course it had to be cold down there when I was there.

Back