• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Greetings from Sin City!

brumbie13

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm Brumbie and I'm from Las Vegas, NV.

I've joined up on this forum because I plan on purchasing an NC700X when it comes to the USA.

The reason I love this bike is because I am interested in commuter bikes. I may be the only rider out there without the need for speed, but I just like a leisurely ride to get from here to there. This bike, with it's low HP, low redline, and flexibility, is perfect for what I want.

I have struggled over the past couple of years to find something I like. I currently own a 1992 Honda Nighthawk 750, which, they say, is all the bike a person could ever need. I do love the bike, it just goes. But I am looking for something more modern and more versatile. The V-Strom is nice, but after a long history with ASMC, I'm not sure I'm interested in supporting them, as they have no interest in supporting their customers and fans. And every time I hop on a Versys, I get a cramp up my leg, so that bike doesn't interest me. Overall, I haven't found anything that grabbed my attention until this bike came out at this price point. I like the NT700V, and I might end up with one someday as a long distance solo bike, but as a general commuting bike, it didn't seem like the right bike for me. However, as soon as I saw the press release for the NC700x, I knew I would get one. I'm glad Honda is looking toward the growing "adventure bike" market and getting away from the "only cruisers and sport bikes" mindset. This bike is just what I am looking for. While I've seen others give it bad reviews based solely on the numbers, I think it is the exact bike I am looking for, so I am thrilled.

A little about myself. I'm in my mid 20's, I've been riding for a little over 2 years. I'm not a great rider, but I'm a pretty good commuter. I don't do dirt. The thought of using my knees as shock absorbers doesn't interest me. I know a lot of older riders with knee problems and knee replacements. I'm glad they love dirt, but dirt on 2 wheels is just not for me. I'm not sure I'm in love with riding, but that may just be because I haven't ever been able to create the bike I really want. I love 55mph deserted roads. You won't ever see me pulled over for speeding, I enjoy the slow pace that allows me to look around and enjoy my surroundings. Living in the middle of the desert, there's a lot of that kind of riding for me to do. I don't ride in the summer because summer in Las Vegas is terrible and I'm miserable when I'm hot and why ride if it makes me miserable? I ride all winter long.

Here's my current NH at the Hoover Dam:
1082273444_N2aNF-L.jpg

And here's my old NH at Death Valley:
755129460_3uos6-L.jpg

I loved my Nighthawk 750, and I too am a relaxed and steady rider, not into speed. My old bike got about 40-45 mpg, which seems okay for a 1300 but not a 750! I also didn't feel comfortable on the freeways in traffic, though I'm not sure the NC will be better in that regard. I'm already shopping for my Icon riding gear, love their stuff.

Hi Brumbie
i like your "old" NH. It looks very cool with its shaft drive, I see?

The Ncx is very good. You will like it. It accelerates very well.
Speed? I don't need speed. I do like carving twisties here with the torque.
:)

Back