• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Go Cruise Throttle Lock

Screw all those other ones...lol

I'm GETTING THE KAOKO !!!!!

I returned the vista (won't really work on a dct)
and the throttle boss is not a cruise controll at all....

I don't want to use an o ring... just not trustworthy for me....
I installed the Kaoko last week. So far I really like it. Tried both the Cramp Buster and O ring on other bikes. They are both accidents waiting to happen.

On another forum, I've read messages from a guy who just disconnected the throttle return spring on any bike he bought. He said that the throttle would start to close by itself anyway when he'd let go of it - just from vibrations, but it would be slow enough to provide some needed time off for his hand. Of course, he also regularly mentioned his many metallic additions to his bone structure, so I can't guarantee how well this actually works. I've never tried this particular solution myself.

Personally, I just leave my Kaoko set to hold the throttle by itself most of the time - it still is loose enough to move freely by hand, but tight enough to NOT close by itself. I back it off and let the throttle close by itself if someone else is going to ride it though. I've found I never just let the throttle slip shut by itself even when it could - I'd always twist it closed myself, even without the Kaoko.

Personally, I just leave my Kaoko set to hold the throttle by itself most of the time - it still is loose enough to move freely by hand, but tight enough to NOT close by itself.

That is exactly how I like it. I don't know how much the Kaoko costs but that is exactly how the Throttle boss works for me.

I think once you ride with that throttle setup, you won't be happy with anything else.

smileythoughtful.jpg

Last edited:
I installed the Kaoko last week. So far I really like it. Tried both the Cramp Buster and O ring on other bikes. They are both accidents waiting to happen.

How could the O-ring be an accident waiting to happen? Before I got my Omni-Cruise, I used both the Caterpillar O-Ring and the Go-Cruise. No way any competent rider would be in jeopardy with either of those! It doesn't take very much muscle to over come a 1/8'' O-ring.
The O-ring is the most inexpensive throttle lock out there and it works!

How could the O-ring be an accident waiting to happen? Before I got my Omni-Cruise, I used both the Caterpillar O-Ring and the Go-Cruise. No way any competent rider would be in jeopardy with either of those! It doesn't take very much muscle to over come a 1/8'' O-ring.
The O-ring is the most inexpensive throttle lock out there and it works!
I tried a Caterpillar O-ring on another bike. It was tight enough to be difficult to engage / disengage with one hand and that was the the safety issue for me. It was also so tight I found myself working the front brake with throttle still applied. I installed a Vista Cruise Control on my Vulcan and really liked it.

The other issue with any of the devices is throttle racing in an off.

Last edited:
The O-Ring is definitely the least expensive solution and I've had bikes where it worked great, but not so much on the NC. The O-Ring just provides friction against the bar end weight, and since I don't have any hand guards installed, it doesn't take a lot of force to rotate the bar end weight. About the only thing the O-Ring does on my bike is to provide a source of amusement followed by frustration as I engage the O-Ring and then watch the throttle gip and bar end weight slowly rotate closed. :)

Bob

Personally, I just leave my Kaoko set to hold the throttle by itself most of the time - it still is loose enough to move freely by hand, but tight enough to NOT close by itself. I back it off and let the throttle close by itself if someone else is going to ride it though. I've found I never just let the throttle slip shut by itself even when it could - I'd always twist it closed myself, even without the Kaoko.

I checked out the Kaoko and see that they don't list one for the NC700X yet and they are in South Africa. Do you have a US source and what model do you use?

I checked out the Kaoko and see that they don't list one for the NC700X yet and they are in South Africa. Do you have a US source and what model do you use?

I just checked and Twisted Throttle is showing them as in stock. Solomotoparts also lists them for the NC700.

I used my Go Cruise everyday on our 6,000 mile Alaska ride.It's nice to give your throttle hand a break to stretch etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i got mine from Twisted Throttle, part # KAO-HND100, back in October of 2012. I also had the Barkbusters Storm hand guards, and I'd removed the stock Honda internal handlebar weight and put in the internal expander from either Barkbusters or Kaoko to hold everything in place (sorry - don't remember which one had it). I DID have to get a longer bolt to stretch through all the new stuff on the end of my handlebars, though.

Removing Honda's stock internal weight to get all the new stuff in place was only done with a LOT of cursing. I tried the "pry it out with two little screwdrivers" tip from the service manual. Didn't work for me. I tried the "squeeze the two little tabs on the end" method from online blogs. Strike two. Finally I gave in and used the "BFMI" method (Brute Force & Massive Ignorance"). That finally worked, but I'll need new stock weights if I ever have to put them back in.

If all you need is the Kaoko throttle control, you might not need all the rigamarole I went through.

i got mine from Twisted Throttle, part # KAO-HND100, back in October of 2012. I also had the Barkbusters Storm hand guards, and I'd removed the stock Honda internal handlebar weight and put in the internal expander from either Barkbusters or Kaoko to hold everything in place (sorry - don't remember which one had it). I DID have to get a longer bolt to stretch through all the new stuff on the end of my handlebars, though.

Removing Honda's stock internal weight to get all the new stuff in place was only done with a LOT of cursing. I tried the "pry it out with two little screwdrivers" tip from the service manual. Didn't work for me. I tried the "squeeze the two little tabs on the end" method from online blogs. Strike two. Finally I gave in and used the "BFMI" method (Brute Force & Massive Ignorance"). That finally worked, but I'll need new stock weights if I ever have to put them back in.

If all you need is the Kaoko throttle control, you might not need all the rigamarole I went through.[/Quote I too am having trouble removing the stock weights,but really do not want to resort to the GBH method so they have stayed in and I have used the original screws to secure the guards.. ok for the time being..As regards the Go cruise,,its a nice little device that does what it says on the packet.It does slip somettimes but surely its not the end of the world...But for what it is ,,its not cheap (in the UK at least),but stands up ok to the other makes.

Go Cruise Almost Stranded me.

Pulling into Asheville, NC Friday I passed MR Morcycles and of course had to stop and look around. They had Go-Cruise throttle locks on the shelf and I bought one. Coming home today I had a chance to try it first time. Doing 65 mph I set it. Speed was a not right and as I tried to adjust it the bike died. I coasted to side of road and started removing gear prior to troubleshooting. Emptied frunk and started removing battery cover to check fuses.

At this point a guy pulling 2 Harleys on a trailer stopped to offer help. As I was broke down on side of road I bit my tongue and said nothing about why he wasn't riding his Harley instead of towing it. Since he didn't have room for a third bike I thanked him and told him I would be OK.

I turned key back on to check warning lights and realized the kill switch was off. :rolleyes:

Moral of story is be careful not to hit kill switch when adjusting go-cruise or you may suffer the embarrassment of a Harley guy stopping to offer assistance with your broke down Honda.

I do like the Go-Cruise and am more careful not to hit kill switch.

I have a slight case of carpal tunnel. I bought one of these Go-Cruise throttle locks a couple months back. It is a god send. My hand would normally get numb after about ten minutes. I now have no issues with this. I switch hands occassionally. I have used this throttle lock so much now it is second nature. I'm sure there are better throttle locks out there but this one is cheap and simple.

0803131029_zps3c7a70f1.jpg

Mine broke after 2+ years and ~20k miles. I think it was worth the $20. sucked that it broke just before my 290 mile ride home...

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

I too am having trouble removing the stock weights,but really do not want to resort to the GBH method so they have stayed in and I have used the original screws to secure the guards.. ok for the time being..As regards the Go cruise,,its a nice little device that does what it says on the packet.It does slip somettimes but surely its not the end of the world...But for what it is ,,its not cheap (in the UK at least),but stands up ok to the other makes.

I did exactly what you have done with my barkbuster storm instal. I left the weights in and used the original screw and have had no problems. I plan on leaving it that way.

As far as a throttle lock, I tried the go cruise, but I think I have been spoiled using an ordinary rubber Throttle boss that sits half on the bar end (which should not spin now that the barkbusters are installed) and half on the throttle grip. This causes the throttle to just stay wherever you leave it, but you can roll on and off very easily. I have gotten to the point that I can't stand riding without this little $10 rubber wrap around Throttle boss as my cruise control. I really like the fact that the throttle will always stay right where I leave it.

Understand that this means you lose speed going uphill..as your throttle stays in the same place...and you will gain speed going downhill... throttle still remains in the same place.

Kuryakyn Wide Universal Throttle Boss - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

Attachments

• throttleboss1.jpg
    throttleboss1.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 315
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364032818937.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364032818937.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 334
Mine broke after 2+ years and ~20k miles. I think it was worth the $20. sucked that it broke just before my 290 mile ride home...

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

Based off that comment I think I will buy a backup when I take my bike in for its serivce in a couple weeks.

I recently bought an Omni Cruise from Ebay. It's similar to the Go Cruise but has adjustable friction control and is probably a bit more durable being cut from metal (aluminium I think). It works ok so far.

Chris

I purchased and tried both the Go and Omni Cruise. My personal preference is the Go Cruise since its just clamp on simple. I noticed the Omni didn't hold speed as well but I'm sure it was due to my not wanting to goof around with the set screw trying to achieve the perfect friction.

Both interfere with the DCT hand controls if used on the left side of the grip.

I'd really like an electronic cruise. I dropped a note to MCCruise to see if they have anything planned today.

Back