• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi V35 side cases

Do they light up? How fast can they be removed without
Laying the bike down?

That's funny.

They do not light. Those are only reflectors. There are two buttons on top. One opens the case and the other releases it from the carrier. Turn the key, grab the handle, push the button, lift up. Very easy. The bags are always locked when the key is removed. Locked on the bike and locked shut. It comes with three keys and an extra lock cylinder in case you buy a monokey trunk and want the same key for all. I am still quite impressed with them. I got the mounting arms for a top case but I haven't installed them yet. I am not going to install a trunk, but rather a Jesse flat aluminum luggage plate on the arms.

@BigMike:

The basic bags are $545, but the metallic silver ones are $610 plus the mounts...

Givi V35 Sidecase - RevZilla

Thanx beemer. I checked out the Givi website and saw a pic of the v35 bags on the NC with a tailbag too. But I cant find which tail bag that is. The v shaped lights/reflectors are appealing. But I cant find that particular tailbag on the website. Now I have to compare bag PRICES! :eek:

Thanx beemer. I checked out the Givi website and saw a pic of the v35 bags on the NC with a tailbag too. But I cant find which tail bag that is. The v shaped lights/reflectors are appealing. But I cant find that particular tailbag on the website. Now I have to compare bag PRICES! :eek:

I think this is it...

Givi E450 Simply Monolock Topcase - RevZilla

No, that's not the one.....

Cases, Side Hardbags, Soft Luggages, Screens, Spoilers HONDA NC 700 X 3rd pic down...PLX1111

Sort of a "v" shape in the red reflector parts, looks very nice in the pic, but I cant find the actual unit on their website.

Also says, "you can only mount V35 side cases". damn..that sux! :(

That statement was only for the PLX1111 mounts, not the top case. Any monokey case will work on any monokey (not monolock) mount.

As far as the unknown top case, I guess it is time to use the contact form to ask them the question. I can't find it either, but it is a nice looking case.

Last edited:
I want to know the same on the width comparo to other options. OEM narrowest, Givi V35 middle, Givi trekker widest? Too late, I have the V35 set uninstalled and my garage is colder than outdoors at the moment.
BigE

I just measured again and got a little under 37''give or take. My GL1200 is narrower also. I was looking at the E41 cases but thought they would be too wide.
The good thing about these is I can remove them in seconds.

I just measured again and got a little under 37''give or take.

Did you measure them at the widest point? They get wider as they go down. Mine are 37" across at the top of the bags but 38" at the midpoint, which is the widest point. Unless you are lane-splitting or running through fence gates at speed, I don't get the issue. My road bikes have always been wide. Much wider than a Harley Dresser or a Wing.

I would feel claustrophobic long before I got into a space where my bike wouldn't fit. Seems kinda like a cowboy worrying about how wide his horse is.

I just eyeballed it, so that's probably the two measurements.(Might of had a couple of beers the last measurement also.):eek:

Back