• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi V35 side cases

Wide Hell but they are about the same as the mirrors. 36-38" on the V35s. After I just mounted the v35s I pulled out to take a few picks and I bumped the other bike just a bit. This width will be an adjustment for me. I do like the mounting as it feels very firm and sturdy. I have the Honda rack and box also. Alas I also still have the three key problem. 20130329_175949.jpg

BigE about to ride like the wind.

Some pics of the Givi sidecase install on my 700x. I am extremely satisfied with the fit and finish. The mounts fit perfectly and are quite sturdy.

View attachment 139View attachment 140View attachment 141

Wow that looks like one healthy and happy NC700X. Those Givi panniers look very balanced. Nice installation Beemerphile :).

I am looking to install my first set of panniers ever. Been on a dirt bike for too long. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally decided on a plan of action for my piecemeal adding of bags to my bike and will be installing an E45NJ top case to get things started, then perhaps V35s later on.

I know installing Givi on this bike is supposed to be dead easy, but could some kind soul tell me what tools are necessary to remove the grab bars, please? I don't have many tools at home and I'd like to know what I should grab out of my truck to take home with me for the job.

Removing the grab bars requires a 6 mm hex driver with a rachet or an allen wrench. The Monokey arms that mount a Givi top case have 6 mm allen head bolts with 13 mm nuts. A 13 mm wrench and a 6 mm allen wrench will suffice.

If you use an Allen key instead of a socket bit style to remove the 6mm bolts, remember to not be an idiot like LBS.

I couldn't find my 6mm Allen socket bit, so I used a key. I wasn't paying attention, and dragged the edge of the key over the top of the grab bar, and peeled away a little top layer of paint on the right side bar. :(

In addition to the tools listed by dduelin, a towel or shop rag comes in handy. If your luck is the same as mine, any hardware you drop during the installation will fall into the black hole below the gas tank and above the body work under the pillion seat. I've had to remove just about all the plastic on the rear of the bike to retrieve dropped bolts. I've gotten into the habit of stuffing a towel in that area to catch anything I drop.

Bob

Thanks very much for the info and advice! I do tend to drop nuts, washers, and all stuff like that there.

Back