• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fuel gauge problems?

All I can say is. Since that ONE time that it lied to me back in February, it has never let me down since then, ever. It's been very consistent now. I'm not taking it to the dealer for one little mishap that has not been repeatable.

My mistake. I didn't realize it was just ONE time in your case.

Last edited:
Anybody else experiencing any issues with their fuel gauges? I ran out of gas this morning on my way home from work. Still had two bars left on the fuel gauge. Only went 207miles since last fill up so I should have made it to the next stop where I was intending on filling up at, but I also got my worst mileage to date of 56mpg's. Just wondering if it's just my luck or some one else had had this happen. Debating on taking it in to the dealer to have them check out the gauge but I can always just use the trip meter and always fill up before I hit 200miles.

Any thoughts?

Haven't had that specific problem. It might be good to ask your dealer if he knows of some way to diagnose that. (Is there anything "real" they can do other than take your money, keep you bike overnight, do nothing, then tell you it's fine in the morning...'hate it when they do that.)

I use the tripometer number. I know it's time to find gas when I get to 200 miles. That's kept me from running out so far, though I know I can push that # to 230 if I have to.

The

Back