• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

'22 nc750x Fuel Tank Questions

Boomerbeach

Reaction score
Visit site
Now have 1300mi on nu bike, refueled a number of times, usually after only 125+mi. WHY? 'Cuz (as most know), doggone "Reserve" is Blinkin Warning constantly.. We refill the 3.7gal tank, observing need for only 2 - 2.5gal, still 1.3++ gallons left(?).... Well last Sat eve, the worst! I had let tank run down.. Empty! Then, 1-2 bars would reappear indicating fuel remaining... Then, hic-cuping fuel starvation, engine failing, luckily, just upon a pricey U-76. Son of a gun, I refueled, the NC Only gulping 2.5 gal to fill.. As usual
Are you all constantly refueling with like situ? My tank not draining properly, or any solution?
BTW, I was trying to attach a $5- gas-up helper.. sorry wrong one follows.
Boomer in SoCal

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230131-201540.png
    Screenshot_20230131-201540.png
    508.4 KB · Views: 35
We need a '21-'23 owner to respond or advise on any fuel tank or gauge issues on late models, as the tank shape, fuel sender, or instruments might have changed from prior years. However, on my 2012 model 3.7 gallon tank, I generally don't refill until somewhere over 200 miles, and I usually add roughly 2.8-3.2 gallons, depending how far I went on the flashing bar. On two occasions I have put in 3.55 gallons to fill and the tank was not empty. The 3.7 gallon capacity claim seems valid.

The other variable here is how far up do people fill their tanks. Some people might fill until the pump does auto shutoff, then quit, leaving unused capacity in the tank. Some people (me) fill slowly until the fuel level is even with the top of the tank neck, using every bit of the tank's capacity.

I have a 2021, same bike as the 2022. I usually fill up at between 180 and 200 miles in summer, when I get down to 1 bar, and before it goes on reserve. It will go about 7-8 miles on each 1/10 of a gallon of reserve, or about 50 miles on reserve and still have some in the tank. On the 2021-2022 the gauge indicates how much of the reserve is used by counting "UP" in tenths of a gallon used from 0.0 to 0.7 with a red square flashing in the upper l/h corner of the gas gauge and flashing "RESERVE" in the lower right where the mileage is * iirc

I took this pic at a gas station 2/10 into reserve at 232 miles

hhNvqdVh.jpg

and it took 2.99 gallons to fill

hcsLobzh.jpg

leaving 5/10 of a gallon still in the tank good for another 40 miles at least.

Some here have gone over 300 miles on a tank.

I think you might have an issue if your bike is stuttering and stalling at 125 miles.

Last edited:
After reading the Ferret's report on '21+ model behavior, I think the OP's concern here might revolve around lower than average mpg due to riding style (mpg was not disclosed), along with possibly not completely filling the fuel tank.

True he might be riding 75 mph on the freeway getting to curvy roads where he thrashes it, all in sport mode. He hasn't indicated how he rides, what mode etc. Plus those goofy California nozzles might be keeping him from filling up entirely. Lots of variables.

EDIT still he said it was sputtering stalling, yet only took 2.5 to refill (leaving a lot in the tank no matter his riding style or how he fills)...so something isn't right

True he might be riding 75 mph on the freeway getting to curvy roads where he thrashes it, all in sport mode. He hasn't indicated how he rides, what mode etc. Plus those goofy California nozzles might be keeping him from filling up entirely. Lots of variables.

EDIT still he said it was sputtering stalling, yet only took 2.5 to refill (leaving a lot in the tank no matter his riding style or how he fills)...so something isn't right
Regarding your edit, if it was sputtering as if the tank was empty, but only took 2.5 gallons to refill, that there is a strong suggestion that the tank is not being completely refilled at the fuel station. That would also explain why it needs to be refilled again at 125 miles.

NOTE: I'm "Boomer..", age 75, in "sport" (an ol' non-thrasher) most of time, average riding, usually 2/3 hwy (good mpg), 1/3 slower urban.. Try my best to circumvent "goofy gas nozzles" by using cloth around filler & visibly checking tank level.. Because I must!
Refills are ALWAYS Somewhat after flashing "Reserve" warning.. ALWAYS Only 2.2 - 2.7gal = 1 to 1.5++ gal remaining in tank.. Way too much!.. My MPG Read-Out usually 55-60... Around 125+ miles... If tank would drain, should be 150-200 mi. I have notified Honda PS with this question. Another CA bud experiences Same situ. Thx!

NOTE: I'm "Boomer..", age 75, in "sport" (an ol' non-thrasher) most of time, average riding, usually 2/3 hwy (good mpg), 1/3 slower urban.. Try my best to circumvent "goofy gas nozzles" by using cloth around filler & visibly checking tank level.. Because I must!
Refills are ALWAYS Somewhat after flashing "Reserve" warning.. ALWAYS Only 2.2 - 2.7gal = 1 to 1.5++ gal remaining in tank.. Way too much!.. My MPG Read-Out usually 55-60... Around 125+ miles... If tank would drain, should be 150-200 mi. I have notified Honda PS with this question. Another CA bud experiences Same situ. Thx!
We're trying to sort out this issue, but still gathering info.
First, 55-60 mpg is a little below average for the NC700/750, but is is not uncommon for some riders to get that because of riding style or environment. Second, I am still unclear about how full your tank is when you have filled it. Is the fuel at or above the fuel tank plate just inside the neck, as seen in my attached photo? To get Honda's advertised fuel capacity, you would surely need to have the plate covered.

A9EEEBCC-5E29-4CE6-9005-17046E23086B.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a 2022 NC750XD and get the flashing red reserve light with about 1.0 Gal remaining (It's spec'd .79 gal remaining). I fill to the top of the plate.

FYI, When the tank is refilled, the trip meter resets to zero miles after riding a few feet.
Awesome.

We need a '21-'23 owner to respond or advise on any fuel tank or gauge issues on late models, as the tank shape, fuel sender, or instruments might have changed from prior years. However, on my 2012 model 3.7 gallon tank, I generally don't refill until somewhere over 200 miles, and I usually add roughly 2.8-3.2 gallons, depending how far I went on the flashing bar. On two occasions I have put in 3.55 gallons to fill and the tank was not empty. The 3.7 gallon capacity claim seems valid.

The other variable here is how far up do people fill their tanks. Some people might fill until the pump does auto shutoff, then quit, leaving unused capacity in the tank. Some people (me) fill slowly until the fuel level is even with the top of the tank neck, using every bit of the tank's capacity.
The manual states the correct fuel level is the flat plate visible inside the filler. I guess that allows for expansion if you're not immediately continuing a long ride.

The manual states the correct fuel level is the flat plate visible inside the filler. I guess that allows for expansion if you're not immediately continuing a long ride.
I agree. It is not wise to fill the tank past the plate, to the top of the filler neck, then park the bike in the sun and go eat lunch. I always fill mine well above the plate, until no more fuel will fit, but then I immediately ride away for many miles/kms. This gives me maximum range.

I have a 2023, the last fill up at 200 miles took 2.7 gallons.

Thanks for that information, but what are you trying to tell us?
Just adding my fill up info.
Gauge goes to "E" pretty quick, but is accurate.
I fill my tank over the plate when Im heading out on the highway.
Trip odometer gets reset on its own after fill up.

Back