• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation

I just bought a pair for my ST1300. Have to change the rear tire due to a nail. Will replace the stem with the T stem. Have TPMS on the wing and love it. I think this is one of the best safety features you can have on a motorcycle. That and ABS brakes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So when you add air you remove the units - I assume you have to use the special tool? Do the units re-sync or re-pair automatically when you screw them back on after adding air?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct - Units are removed to add air. I choose to install the optional lock nut, so yes, a tool is needed to remove it (this is optional). As yes - the sensors re-sync on re-installation. When I removed the sensor, my phone screamed saying I had "0" pressure. Cool feature.

So when you add air you remove the units - I assume you have to use the special tool? Do the units re-sync or re-pair automatically when you screw them back on after adding air?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not if you get the T stems.

Happy to read this thread, I was wondering if I could fit a TPMS on my 2016 NCX, and if the excentric additional weight about 11 g, wont break the bent valve, your experiments looks fine.
but did you get a pair, for 99 $, as on French web dealer they sell one for 99€ !

Happy to read this thread, I was wondering if I could fit a TPMS on my 2016 NCX, and if the excentric additional weight about 11 g, wont break the bent valve, your experiments looks fine.
but did you get a pair, for 99 $, as on French web dealer they sell one for 99€ !

I paid $99 US for the pair on Amazon.

Thanks effectively on Amazon I can get a pair for 99€ , now I ´m seeking informations about the effects of the centrifuge effects on the metallic bent stem, maybe a piece of hard plastic slided between the horizontal part and the rim should avoid any torsion, has anybody on this forum owning a 2016 NCX used the Fobo on the factory bent stems ?

Thanks effectively on Amazon I can get a pair for 99€ , now I ´m seeking informations about the effects of the centrifuge effects on the metallic bent stem, maybe a piece of hard plastic slided between the horizontal part and the rim should avoid any torsion, has anybody on this forum owning a 2016 NCX used the Fobo on the factory bent stems ?
For a little bit more on FOBO's website I just got the T stems. The sensors were $99 usd.

Ok, I just ordered a pair on the Fobo's website, we'll see how my NC750X 2016 bears this one more add-on, must say it's the last one, but I had TPMS on my KAWA GTR 1400, and it' was a great peace of mind to see the pressure on board, as before on my BMWs it had always failed...;

a good motor and a good pressure you can go anywhere, the tyre pressure changes drastically the riding felling, and the consumption; even if this bike is a wonderfull camel.

Ok, I just ordered a pair on the Fobo's website, we'll see how my NC750X 2016 bears this one more add-on, must say it's the last one, but I had TPMS on my KAWA GTR 1400, and it' was a great peace of mind to see the pressure on board, as before on my BMWs it had always failed...;

a good motor and a good pressure you can go anywhere, the tyre pressure changes drastically the riding felling, and the consumption; even if this bike is a wonderfull camel.
Just one more... how many do you have on it now?

none, I 've just ordered a pair of FOBO Bike, I've sold my Goncourt

I believe you might be in France and English is not your first language, so you may have missed the hint of humour also known as sarcasm in his (1wiseguy2) post!! You said "bear this one more add-on ... it's the last one" and he's questioning how many add-on's you already have. Most people on this forum are of the inclination that there's ALWAYS another add-on available for you!!

Yes , I'm french and missed the joke !, as I use this bike for my job (insurance loss adjuster), it's my mobil-home, about 25 000 km a year;
so except a roof, (forget it) and legs cover protection, (I've Mowtech bars) I'm still looking for, my NCX is full armed, and this forum gives me good ideas for long trip, at this time, (except the mounting of legs protection on crash bars, I plan to find a DIY ), here is the "add-on's" mounted,

HONDA béquille centrale / central stand
SW MOWTECH support valise SW MOTECH / suitcase rack
SW MOWTECH support platine Alu-rack SW MOTECH
GIVI pare mains GIVI / handle protection
SW MOWTECH Kit support valise Givi / side suitcase support
KAPPA GR33 valises latérales / side suitcase with nice silver cover (plastic false aluminum), but coordinated with the silver side of the bike, an cheap in case of falls;
SPEEDWAY Tapis réservoir bagster universel / tank cover
SW MOTECH Plaque adaptation quick-lock SW MOTECH pour platine GIVI Trekker / top case rack
AXMAR poignées chauffantes Gold TG / handle warmer
TUTORO graisseur de chaine / oiler
WISH Phares LED additionnels / additional beams
HONDA VIP amortisseur AR EMC SPORTSKOCK1 / rear shock !! great, and changes completely the bike
TECH2ROO bavette garde boue AV / front fender extension
TECH2ROO garde boue arrière / rear fender extension
MASTAD bulle réglable et déflecteurs / thanks to this forum this is the only true solution ! (I have tried all...)
GIVI handlebars raiser 22 mm,

That's one of the challenges with our language and cultural differences. I still get in all kinds of trouble due to what I think is English (UK) humour and what my American family, friends and co-workers just think is sarcasm. I tell them that sarcasm is ok and actually funny, they don't seem to agree with me as often as I think they should! It isn't normally rude, just a different form of funny. It can be made more difficult in electronic form when you do not know the people nor the intent of what they typed. 1wiseguy2 was being funny in case you weren't sure (and providing he doesn't come on here and tell us otherwise!! :) )

And that is a well equipped ride you have, any pictures?

Yes funny and I think we need pictures. I have found a set of crash bars that protect your legs somewhat.
23368e4bc663bf564a5592669c900598.jpg
2277b708b20fc1c7bb36b33116d0a38c.jpg

I am putting on the T-valve stem and I am not sure how much to tighten it down. Tighten the nut until the rubber washer just starts to deform or tighten the nut until it snug up? If I do the later the rubber is really deformed. I think the rubber should just start to deform/begin to squeeze out. Anybody who is running these please let me know.

I am putting on the T-valve stem and I am not sure how much to tighten it down.

Anybody who is running these please let me know.
I finally got around to installing mine, first onto my Moto-Mule trailer's wheel while installing a new tire. I don't expect to remove them anytime soon, so I cranked them down tight.

IMG_0896.JPG

IMG_0897.JPG

IMG_0898.jpg

If I damaged the o ring, later if I ever remove it, well it is easily replaced. So far no leaking air.

Ray

Here is FOBO's reply on how tight the stems should be tightened.

Dear Sir,

Thanks for contacting us.

We will add video of the installation and thanks for the suggestion. Please ensure you have enough hand tighten the nuts so that it don't cause leakage. Do ensure it is not under tighten and loose.

Best regards,

Sameer Thakur

Soooo, I will hand tighten them and then wrench tight until the rubber deforms slightly.

Last edited:
i have been using these for over one year. i have not had a problem.

I finally just bought a pair of Fobobike, delivered in few days in France, always amazing to get it so quickly, but the app don't fit with my Xperia Sony zx, it leaves as soon as I choose my bike ont the launch scree, gonna try to erase and reload, the Xperia run Android 7.1.1. , I don't see the trick.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Back