• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Do the 90 degree metal valve stems on my 2022 NC750x dct need replacing with each tire change?

GLC

Reaction score
Visit site
My 2022 NC750x dct needs the OEM Dunlop rear tire to be replaced after just 4300 miles. My local Honda dealer has quoted a good price for the Shinko 009 Raven rear of just $93.78 + tax for the tire itself, but the ride out price is double that at $188.07 (labor, state fees, 'shop supplies' and a valve stem). The newer NC's like mine come with the 90 degree metal valve stems and I was wondering if these metal valves need to be replaced each time. Looking up the dealer's part number for the new valve stem it seems he has quoted for a standard vertical rubber one, which of course I don't want. I can understand the old rubber style being replaced each time but is it necessary or even desirable to mess with the factory fitted metal ones? Bike going in Thursday so appreciate soonest responses, thanks.

I wouldn’t change the valve stem considering the age and mileage of your bike, and certainly not with the standard straight rubber one.

Dealers probably add the stem to every tire change because it’s on your nickel and they don’t have to deal with the customer coming back later complaining of a valve problem.

I wouldn’t change the valve stem considering the age and mileage of your bike, and certainly not with the standard straight rubber one.

Dealers probably add the stem to every tire change because it’s on your nickel and they don’t have to deal with the customer coming back later complaining of a valve problem.
Thanks for that (and Ferret). That's what I thought.

Worked at a tire shop for a while. Never replaced the valve stems unless there was an issue with one. Wouldn’t worry about it if you don’t have an issue.

Back