• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Draco_1967's farkles and such

draco_1967

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are the farkles I have so far on my NC (nevermind the grime, it’s now winter…):

DSCN2366_zpsea7f8402.jpg

**Givi rack and top box (E460, I think) I added some reflective tape to be seen a bit better, especially when parked:
DSCN2364_zps7b5bcb28.jpg

DSCN2365_zps8a2f738f.jpg

I have seen Admore lighting, and really liked it, but didn’t want to spend $$ on lights. This cost me ~$40 and some time, plus I did it the way I wanted.

DSCN2377_zps03d2fa2b.jpg

DSCN2375_zpsfd84003b.jpg

I put the dimmer circuit and relay under the passenger seat. I still need to clean up some of the wiring, but it all works great. I made my own sub-harness by hacking off the original connectors :eek: for the tail lights and creating an in-between section of wiring, with waterproof connectors, from which the top box wiring splits.
DSCN2363_zpsfa33623c.jpg

DSCN2361_zpsc98dbba0.jpg

***Bars
-Rox 2” risers for 7/8” bars, black
-ProTaper SE YZ Hi bar
-Cycra Probend CMS
-Oxford Heated grips.
The big issues I ran into doing the bars were the stock throttle tube (who the heck came up with that idea? :mad: , and the left side of the ProTaper bar. It was knurled, and the Oxford grips wanted none of that.
Now the bars are much flatter (like 3.5” less pullback), farther forward, and a little lower. It feels great!
DSCN2359_zps63117c1a.jpg

Controls clear the handguards, and the grips’ heat controller sits in a good spot:
DSCN2357_zps2d033d43.jpg

DSCN2360_zpsd4c2e953.jpg

DSCN2356_zps9be597cb.jpg

Spacers for the handguards:
DSCN2369_zps887a508d.jpg

***TRON
I bought some 3M Scotchlight black tape (1/4” wide), and made her all purdy!

Video was taken with my phone and the LED flash on:

DSCN2329.jpg

DSCN2336.jpg

***Frunk key
I went to the locksmith to get a frunk key made. He first made me one from one of the shorter blanks that worked. The blank was too thin, and so it didn’t work well, and ended up bending. Luckily it didn’t break off in the lock! :eek:

So the second try, the guy took a standard blank for the ignition, cut it down, ground off the edges, and then cut it. It works perfectly! I still need to make a knob for it.

DSCN2374_zps35ddf6f8.jpg

***Fenda Extenda

I used 4 stainless rivets to attach it.

DSCN2368_zps772dfc75.jpg

DSCN2367_zps80b375c9.jpg

Next on my list is a DYI Hugger. I have a fiberglass front fender from a Buell Lightning... ;)

I would be very careful with any electrical connectors or parts anywhere near the fuel door . these parts you are using are not flash proof, could start a fire!!!!!! they could start a fire even if the key is off. I need to order in some reflective tape that is really cool. dale

I ordered the Cycra Probend guards based on the recommendations of several other folks on this forum. I asked the dealership to install them at my 1st 600 mile servicing. The Honda service mechanic called me and said he tried, but the Cycra Probends wouldn't fit on the NC700x. It was no use telling them I've seen photos on this forum installed without apparent problems. I wish I had the know-how you guys have, but I'm intimidated to try it myself when the "pros" can't get it done.

Everything looks great on your bike. I really like the reflective tape work. Thanks for posting.

The Cycras are a pain to fit on the stock bars. Which model did you buy? Mine are the "CRM" model.

I left the Honda bar ends on, using that screw to attach the guards. The inner bar mount requires a much longer bolt, spacers, and some kind of rubber "buffer" because the handguard will be at an angle to the mount. There are a few others who have installed the Cycras on stock bars here: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7953

Instead of making a new thread, I thought I'd update this one. I added a heated jacket and a dual temp controller. All of it I made myself with help from a few DIY threads over on ADV. All together the cost was about $70 plus a couple hours per day over a week.
It is SO nice to be toasty on cold days!
eje5aja9.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1392958523941.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392958549217.jpg

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

Back