• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question ACC Harness, Where Art Thou?

combatcrab

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen it referenced here and throughout the Internet. I've seen diagrams and installation videos, but I have NOT seen where to buy the darn thing. Am I that bad at internetting?

Specifically I'm speaking of the "ACC Harness" (part number unknown) that goes between the sub harness (08A71-MGS-D30) and the actual accessory (maybe fog lights, or 12V outlet). This is also in reference to the 2013 NC700x and any models with similar wiring.

I looks to simply be an inline fuse between male/female connectors. In practice this would give each accessory it's own fuse so that if one were to draw too much current it wouldn't blow the 7.5A fuse for the whole sub harness.

It's simple enough that I've decided to make my own. That said, I have made myself crazy trying to find this OEM part from Honda.

Silver lining: In my search I have happened upon the OEM alternative products offered by Eastern Beaver. That looks like another good option to consider.

Speaking of 2012-13 NC700X models here. Perhaps the ACC harness is only sold as included within a kit. From the drawing it looks like just a fuseholder. In my opinion, the way Honda does things with this fuseholder is a bad idea anyway. Reading the instructions for the 12 volt socket for example (link below), Honda will have you hiding a small fuse under the left side cover. Per their instructions it’s not accessible later on without removing the side covers, and that takes a lot of time. The fuse Honda supplies for the 12 volt socket is 1 amp, which is pretty easy for someone to blow if they plug in anything much more than a phone charger.

The accessory harness is fused at 7.5 amps total for it’s 4 outputs. That fuse gets installed in the fuse box. As for the ACC harness, I‘d want to come up with a better solution than what Honda did.

I am using the accessory harness to power aftermarket heated grips, and auxiliary LED lights. My aftermarket 12 volt frunk outlet is fused at 10 amps and wired straight to the battery with appropriate wire size. I need that capacity to be able to easily run an air compressor.

Honda will have you hiding a small fuse under the left side cover. Per their instructions it’s not accessible later on without removing the side covers, and that takes a lot of time.

The accessory harness is fused at 7.5 amps total for it’s 4 outputs. That fuse gets installed in the fuse box. As for the ACC harness, I‘d want to come up with a better solution than what Honda did.
This is such a good point. Thank you.

I think I'm going to run a couple of small accessories (phone charger, etc) off the sub harness. I've ordered the EB aftermarket harness for the lights. After looking at the specs again, 7.5A isn't going to cut it anyway. If I'm understanding EB harness correctly, it's using an additional relay run off the switched power from the Honda fuze box to open and close three circuits each rated @ 10A. That all sits in the battery compartment that's much easier to get to.

As per my original question, I'm beginning to believe that Honda discontinued the manufacturer of the "ACC Harness" for these bikes.

As per my original question, I'm beginning to believe that Honda discontinued the manufacturer of the "ACC Harness" for these bikes.
if you wanted the ACC Harness badly, the 08V71-MGS-A30 12 volt socket kit contains it and many are offered now on eBay. But I can’t imagine you would want that.

Many parts within Honda accessory kits never were sold individually. The only way to get some parts was with the whole kit.

if you wanted the ACC Harness badly, the 08V71-MGS-A30 12 volt socket kit contains it and many are offered now on eBay. But I can’t imagine you would want that.

Many parts within Honda accessory kits never were sold individually. The only way to get some parts was with the whole kit.
Ah that makes sense. I believe I've seen this harness referenced in the socket install and erroneously extrapolated that Honda recommends it for any accessory plugged into the sub harness.

Thank you for shedding a bit of light on that for me. I had very self-assuredly led myself into the dark!

Back