• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Countershaft play

Bskicrash1

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a manual 2019 nc750 with 15k miles.

When replacing the front sprocket and the bike in 1st gear, I noticed the countershaft is able to rotate forward and back. The bike is in gear, I can rotate almost one tooth in both directions before it “catches” the gear internally.

I’ve never noticed this before and am concerned.

The front sprocket fits the splines of the countershaft with no play. The chain was not attached so the Cush drive and rear chain slack are not a factor.

For example, with the sprockets and chain attached, the bike in gear and on the center stand, I can rotate the rear wheel forward and back just a little. I can watch the Cush drive and can account for only a very small fraction of the play. this may be normal for our motorcycle, but since it seems new to me, I am looking for reassurance this is normal or confirm that I may have an upcoming problem.

Thats normal.The amount of rotational play will depend which gear its in. The higher the gear, the more the play.

Back