• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cush drive question.

Pete nc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, just fitted a new rear tyre to my750x 2021 and I removed the sprocket carrier to give it a good clean. On assembly I have noticed that there is a gap where the sprocket carrier goes into the cush drive and appears to not sit flush, I wondered if someone can check on theirs to see if it is the same.20220812_131542.jpg20220812_131604.jpg

This has been asked about recently, and it was verified that the gap is normal.

Just a note on the cush drive. If you have play in the cush drive, shimming the rubbers will reduce the annoying vibration at 3000rpm in 6th gear. I am using those plastic cutting board covers they sell in Walmart. They are around .020" thick, and are easily cut to fit in behind the larger of the siamesed rubbers.
The hub should be tight with no play when you rotate the sprocket CW and CCW. If the sprocket carrier is hard to push into the cush drive, spray the rubbers with silicone.

Back