• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

flaw

Its a shame you are having issues with your bike. I have a 2021 NC 750x also ( my 13th Honda motorcycle since 1966) In the next 2 weeks I will turn over 38,000 so far trouble free miles while being ridden year round in every imaginable weather condition. Still on the stock seat, still on the stock footpegs, still on the stock battery. I do swap out the stock shield for a lower cut one in the summer, and a slightly larger Givi one for winter, but it bolts to the stock Honda windshield brackets and it has given me no issue. Been another great Honda motorcycle for me so far. The other bike in my garage right now is a 2014 Honda CB 1100 I bought new and have put 74,000 trouble free miles on.

As far as Honda cars, I think my wife and I have owned 3 Accords, 2 Civics, 1 CRV, 1 Ridgeline, and 1 Odyssey, we have driven over a 1 1/4 million miles combined with very few issues and nothing major. I know 2 of the Accords and the CRV were driven close to 300,000 miles each, both Civics over 200,000 each, and the Odyssey over 150,000 miles.... same motors, same trans, same clutches on the manual shift ones.

Can't imagine owning a car that isn't a Honda... although I would consider a Toyota.

Oh, I also have a Honda quad that has been a reliable snow removing workhorse going on 9 years now.
I hear ya about the cars - I was talking to our mechanic (wife was getting brakes done) today and he says you can't go wrong with honda or toyota cars. I had the same windshield on my 17 NC with no issues and now that I see others having the same issue on the 21's, I have to question the quality. I like to ride with my visor up, looking over the windshield, not riding in a wind tunnel and getting bugs in the face. Glad it works for you. Also have a honda motor lawnmower - 12 years old and starts first pull even after sitting all winter.

Its a shame you are having issues with your bike. I have a 2021 NC 750x also ( my 13th Honda motorcycle since 1966) In the next 2 weeks I will turn over 38,000 so far trouble free miles while being ridden year round in every imaginable weather condition. Still on the stock seat, still on the stock footpegs, still on the stock battery. I do swap out the stock shield for a lower cut one in the summer, and a slightly larger Givi one for winter, but it bolts to the stock Honda windshield brackets and it has given me no issue. Been another great Honda motorcycle for me so far. The other bike in my garage right now is a 2014 Honda CB 1100 I bought new and have put 74,000 trouble free miles on.

As far as Honda cars, I think my wife and I have owned 3 Accords, 2 Civics, 1 CRV, 1 Ridgeline, and 1 Odyssey, we have driven over a 1 1/4 million miles combined with very few issues and nothing major. I know 2 of the Accords and the CRV were driven close to 300,000 miles each, both Civics over 200,000 each, and the Odyssey over 150,000 miles.... same motors, same trans, same clutches on the manual shift ones.

Can't imagine owning a car that isn't a Honda... although I would consider a Toyota.

Oh, I also have a Honda quad that has been a reliable snow removing workhorse going on 9 years now.
That's pretty much my experience with the brand two and four wheel. Things with Honda haven't been all perfection but I wouldn't change horses now. About 340,000 miles on Honda motorcycles. I'd buy another.

How did you end up resolving this? I have the same exact problem with my madstand windshield. Video is here:

I am starting to regret not spending the extra money to get a more complete bike rather than changing the crap quality of Honda builds. I have changed the seat, the foot pegs, the windshield, and the battery. The bike has less than 3k miles and I was getting ready to buy rear rack and panniers, too. The crappy body position with the foot pegs right below the seat means I can never resolve the knee bending (after putting foot pegs a little forward). Now I find that Honda has mounted a piece of crap subframe then needs welding again at best. I stayed away from their cars and now I am learning to stay away from their bikes too.
I only checked the one side, I guess I better look at the other side also.

I only checked the one side, I guess I better look at the other side also.
Today I checked the band aid I did with the roll pin into the collar and it seems good after riding for a season. So I went a step further and drilled another hole through the bracket and collar, tapped both hole to an 8/32 thread and installed a bolt into both holes - seems rock solid right now. I haven't checked the other side yet but may do so over the winter. The repaired side seems sturdier than the other side as far as movement goes. Here is a pic. of the final solution. Don't get me wrong this was a pia but I managed with lots of patience and xxxx*** vocabulary. I can't afford to keep buying bikes but my loyalty to honda took a hit with this one. I see someone put a madstad on a 22 - I wish him luck.

Attachments

• DSCN0709.JPG
    DSCN0709.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 31
Thanks for sharing. I am still waiting to weld mine. I think I will weld some reinforcment plate around it, if we find one at the shop.

Meanwhile, I got a 2014 BMW F800GS Adventure. Fits me way, way better than the NC. Probably will sell my NC in the spring. Just 2 years old with less then 3k miles.

Thanks for sharing. I am still waiting to weld mine. I think I will weld some reinforcment plate around it, if we find one at the shop.

Meanwhile, I got a 2014 BMW F800GS Adventure. Fits me way, way better than the NC. Probably will sell my NC in the spring. Just 2 years old with less then 3k miles.
Congratulations on your new to you BMW. Life is too short to ride the wrong motorcycle.

The frame was supposedly changed and lightened for 2021 compared to prior years. Honda claims to have shaved over 11 pounds overall weight off previous models. Thanks for reporting the problem. We’ll see if any more examples of breaking frames show up.
They used smaller diameter tubes elsewhere and nothing to do with that area.

Hi all, at the end of last riding season I noticed the left side windshield mount flexing more than the other side. I attempted to look at it over the winter but wasn't sure of the body panels removal. I assumed the the mount bracket bolts were loose and was going to red loctite them to solve that issue. After watching the madstad video on panel removal I attempted it today and succeeded in exposing the windshield mount bolts - and they weren't loose. The mount is welded to a hollow tube and the tube is cracked - this tube is paper thin and given the location not an easy fix so I think even welding is out of the question. This tube is welded to the frame and looking at it I don't think even a dealer would be able to repair it. I have a taller than stock windshield, I had the same shield on my 2017 for a years with no issue. This is a 2021 750 dct, love the bike but now with this issue I'm going to be creative. Did honda cheap out with quality? I'm thinking I will get a piece of snug fitting doweling to insert into the tube and coat the cracks with liquid metal. I'm afraid to keep riding as if this completely breaks off I'm screwed. People putting higher screens on - be aware, not sure of what years this applies to. FYI
It looks like it's just a weld that broke, why don't you just weld or braze it and get a smaller windshield?

I welded mine back at a pro welder. Did not put any extra reinforcement but the welding should be better than original. The welder said Honda had done very quick job with welding only on the outsides. Put some black patch/paint on it to prevent rusting and soon will mount all the pieces.

“Why didn’t the manufacturer put THIS part on my bike?”
*puts part on bike, bike breaks*
”Why didn’t the manufacturer TELL me this part would break my bike?”

Disclaimer: I sell parts and accessories for motorcycles.

“Why didn’t the manufacturer put THIS part on my bike?”
*puts part on bike, bike breaks*
”Why didn’t the manufacturer TELL me this part would break my bike?”

Disclaimer: I sell parts and accessories for motorcycles.
I guess you are saying bikes should never be customized and only used as the manufacturer sells them? In that case, manufacturers can spec the bikes better to the public, like this is a bike for 5ft tall people, if you buy this bike you will need to endure wind bufetting on full helmet. They (the manufacturers) know exactly what people care for, and in ideal world where people do not customize the bikes to their needs, the manufacturers needs to segment down the customer base. Instead we have to figure out wind protection, noise, etc, on the go with no empirical data from the manufacturer. And we also have to guess which part will actually fit and not break the bike when a customization is done. The logic is conceptually flawed, but I understand that legally you are right. Feels like you live in America my friend, where legal overcomes reason more than occasionally.

It looks like it's just a weld that broke, why don't you just weld or braze it and get a smaller windshield?
It is not a broken weld, the tube itself has developed cracks in it running left to right. I had the identical shield on my 2017 dct with no issues.

I guess you are saying bikes should never be customized and only used as the manufacturer sells them? In that case, manufacturers can spec the bikes better to the public, like this is a bike for 5ft tall people, if you buy this bike you will need to endure wind bufetting on full helmet. They (the manufacturers) know exactly what people care for, and in ideal world where people do not customize the bikes to their needs, the manufacturers needs to segment down the customer base. Instead we have to figure out wind protection, noise, etc, on the go with no empirical data from the manufacturer. And we also have to guess which part will actually fit and not break the bike when a customization is done. The logic is conceptually flawed, but I understand that legally you are right. Feels like you live in America my friend, where legal overcomes reason more than occasionally.
No, that’s not what I’m saying, and no, I don’t live in America.

It is not a broken weld, the tube itself has developed cracks in it running left to right. I had the identical shield on my 2017 dct with no issues.
In my case, the right side had the weld point detached. The left side had the tube starting to crack left to right, just a you said.

Well to be fair to the manufacturers, people come in an amazing varieties of sizes and the manufacturers can't build a single bike that suits them all. Also people like different things. Some like to feel no wind, some like to feel a lot of wind, some like to sit up straight, some like to lean forward, some people want their feet out front, some want their feet under their hips, some like to carry everything but the kitchen sink with them while riding, while some like to have the lightest most agile set up possible, some like to ride long distances and some like to ride a few specific curvy roads very aggressively. The manufacturer builds a bike. Here it is. Nice bike, looks good sitting on the show room floor. If you buy it and it then doesn't suit you, it's up to you to modify it to suit you. If that includes putting on parts that don't meet the manufacturers specs or over stresses the manufactures build and something then breaks, the onus is on the modifier, not the manufacturer imo. They cannot anticipate everything that someone is liable to modify on a bike and build so that the modification will be safe.

Well to be fair to the manufacturers, people come in an amazing varieties of sizes and the manufacturers can't build a single bike that suits them all. Also people like different things. Some like to feel no wind, some like to feel a lot of wind, some like to sit up straight, some like to lean forward, some people want their feet out front, some want their feet under their hips, some like to carry everything but the kitchen sink with them while riding, while some like to have the lightest most agile set up possible, some like to ride long distances and some like to ride a few specific curvy roads very aggressively. The manufacturer builds a bike. Here it is. Nice bike, looks good sitting on the show room floor. If you buy it and it then doesn't suit you, it's up to you to modify it to suit you. If that includes putting on parts that don't meet the manufacturers specs or over stresses the manufactures build and something then breaks, the onus is on the modifier, not the manufacturer imo. They cannot anticipate everything that someone is liable to modify on a bike and build so that the modification will be safe.
I agree but given the % of people who do change the windshield, the mounting should not be an area to cheap out. If the older models were sufficient to mount an aftermarket shield then leave it alone. Everything nowadays is charge more and get less - not just motorcycles. Merry Christmas all.

Back