• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

flaw

I agree but given the % of people who do change the windshield, the mounting should not be an area to cheap out. If the older models were sufficient to mount an aftermarket shield then leave it alone. Everything nowadays is charge more and get less - not just motorcycles. Merry Christmas all.
The mount is probably the same as the previous ones, but it just happened to break. Things break often when they are not left stock or related to after stock mods sometimes. I agree with the Ferret above.

I know I use 2 windshields on my bike, one that is 4" shorter than stock in the summer for more air, and one that is 4" taller than stock that I use in the winter for less air. The taller one came with a warning sticker on it from the manufacturer (Givi) saying not to exceed 85 mph so as not to stress the mounting which I guess most people don't read the warning stickers anyway, but I did (not to worry from me I never get to 85 mph lol)

As far as looks go I prefer the look of the shorter one.

Cut down shield

AnFM2zDh.jpg

Givi Touring shield

1obRfwIh.jpg

Cut down, stock and Givi touring shields

sb2eIGJh.jpg

Last edited:
Actually the older models had issues with bigger windshields,(I have a 2013). Bigger/taller windshields required thicker nut brace plates to keep the windshield from pulling out the grommets. I have a 22" CBailey windshield. It is smaller overall than a Madstad but I had to install the braces because it was pulling out the nut grommets and flopping in the wind.

Actually the older models had issues with bigger windshields,(I have a 2013). Bigger/taller windshields required thicker nut brace plates to keep the windshield from pulling out the grommets. I have a 22" CBailey windshield. It is smaller overall than a Madstad but I had to install the braces because it was pulling out the nut grommets and flopping in the wind.
But the problem there was aftermarket companies, like Cal Sci, were using the same mounting for their big screens as Honda used for the dinner plate sized stock screen. Even the OEM optional Honda touring screen used a more secure mount system and additional frame than what the stock screen used. Honda knew more strength was needed for the larger screen but apparently Cal Sci did not.

Hi guys has anyone had this problem with the Honda taller touring screen? If this is the case then failure of the mount would be considered a manufacturing defect. Therefore you could ask for warranty or possibly goodwill? Any comments?

Hi guys has anyone had this problem with the Honda taller touring screen? If this is the case then failure of the mount would be considered a manufacturing defect. Therefore you could ask for warranty or possibly goodwill? Any comments?
I agree if mounted correctly a Honda supplied screen damaging the bike would be considered a manufacturing defect… unless Honda has a disclaimer that lets them deny you. My question is: would there ever be a solution where a smaller screen would cause this problem?

I work in a dealership, and have never seen or heard of any issue with the accessory Honda windscreens.

Back