• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Clutch assembly ??

Plate 5 and 7 are different. Yes tighten all springs. Most times the adjustment of the clutch cable attached by the two bolts on the side of the engine case is what needs to be adjusted. Start by leaving the cable real loose, then it will have to make contact. Good Luck!

Plate 5 and 7 are different. Yes tighten all springs. Most times the adjustment of the clutch cable attached by the two bolts on the side of the engine case is what needs to be adjusted. Start by leaving the cable real loose, then it will have to make contact. Good Luck!

But I only tighten the 4 springs to 9ft/lbs correct !!.
I just bought a NEW torque wrench on Friday because I tested my very old one and when it was set at 9-10ft/lbs it was tightening them down all the way to over 30ft/lbs.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

I soaked them overnight last weekend and again last Tuesday for about a hour.Maybe today I will soak them again today for a hour or so before I put them back in.

Ok I got the clutch in and it seems to work good.NOW the bike won't start !!.
It just turns over and over,AND it doesn't matter if I pull in the clutch lever or not !!.
Before it wouldn't turn over unless you pulled in the clutch,now it does !.

Ok I got the clutch in and it seems to work good.NOW the bike won't start !!.
It just turns over and over,AND it doesn't matter if I pull in the clutch lever or not !!.
Before it wouldn't turn over unless you pulled in the clutch,now it does !.

Is the engine turning over? I believe the answer is yes.

First - unplug the battery, then reinstall the battery. Do this two times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could have kicked a code! Remember you had to remove the two bolts on the inside side casing to remove the pressure sensor, sometimes this will blow a code, if you did not disconnect the battery when you started the clutch job..

Next, see if you are getting fire to the spark plugs!

If still will not start, PM me.

Last edited:
Nope still nothing.The weird thing is that it just turns over with no start if I pull in the clutch lever or not !!.

Nortwestrider...any update?

That is an older post. That time he just had that sensor switch that goes in the side casing was upside down. An easy mistake to do. I advise leaving the sensor attached to the side casing, and just wire the side case in place somewhere until you are ready to install the case.

That is an older post. That time he just had that sensor switch that goes in the side casing was upside down. An easy mistake to do. I advise leaving the sensor attached to the side casing, and just wire the side case in place somewhere until you are ready to install the case.

Thanks OCR- just found it here: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...-clutch-now-no-spark-10.html?highlight=Clutch but hopefully the next bozo (like me) will see this last post and not have to search for what happened...but that thread is a doozy when you you do/redo with a manual or w/o one ;-)...you are QUICK.

YES !!!
I wanted to clean the gasket surface very well so I took off the sensor,never again !!.
Once it was turned the right way it fired right up and I have put another 10,000+ miles on the old girl.

Back