• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Closed oil thread

bamamate

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't believe 670cc closed down another potential oil and filter thread. I cooked a fresh bag of popcorn, sat down to enjoy it and wham, it was closed. Guess I'll eat it while editing a video.

That one of the threads I don't even try to follow. Although it can be entertaining.

I took enough heat from the last Beemerphile Bashing that I acted quickly on this one - maybe too quick. I hope nobody minds . . . .

PM me if you have a concern.

Also, sorry for wasting popcorn. :(

What kind of oil did you use making the popcorn?
Nothing but OEM's own Orville Redenbacher oil. Anything else voids the warranty

0002700060716_500X500.jpg

I've heard that if I use my microwave to pop popcorn with synthetic oil that I will always have to use synthetic in the future or risk damage to the cyclotron and potentially void my warranty. Is there any truth to that?

Maybe some truth, but the common microwave oven uses a magnetron, I believe. A cyclotron? Whoa! What's the half life of your popcorn? ;)

Last edited:
Maybe some truth, but the common microwave oven uses a magnetron, I believe. A cyclotron? Whoa! What's the half life of your popcorn? ;)

The cyclotron is the part on the bottom that spins your food around, silly. Don't you know nuthin?

On a slight tangent, I'm getting ready to put some kitchenware into long term storage and am worried about rust. I know I should coat the forks with fork oil, but what about the spoons?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back