• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Building a NC700X into a "Communter Bike"

Just shut the Crotch-Pocket and ride!!!!

In our defense we usually answer the question before we get side tracked. Wonder if we have ADD....oh look a new oil thread!!!

I needed a good laugh. Just got done with a very boring envirnmental class. Thanks

Odd no one mentioned "boot" as an option. Could also be a hell-hole, as in helmet holder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had to get Nana Chou to interpret. Who said we get derailed. Heck most times we can't even find the tracks.

I know what mean. Every time I see "Nana Chou" my brain interprets it as 7,000,000,000,000 (七兆), which is also "nana chou).

I know what mean. Every time I see "Nana Chou" my brain interprets it as 7,000,000,000,000 (七兆), which is also "nana chou).

Chou is Japanese for "butterfly". Moves like a butterfly. Nana is Old Spanish for "Grandmother". Now days Nana is Tex-Mex Spanglish for "grandmother". Nana Chou is the great American melting pot. Born in Japan, and lives in Texas. Texas means "Friend", so the world is welcome here. But I have to omit some of the nicest folks I have ever known live in Japan.

butterfly.jpg

But if 7,000,000,000,000 (七兆) is how many miles she will travel, I prefer your translation !!!!!!!!!!!!!

00.jpg

Last edited:
Chou is Japanese for "butterfly". Moves like a butterfly. Nana is Old Spanish for "Grandmother". Now days Nana is Tex-Mex Spanglish for "grandmother". Nana Chou is the great American melting pot. Born in Japan, and lives in Texas. Texas means "Friend", so the world is welcome here. But I have to omit some of the nicest folks I have ever known live in Japan.

View attachment 16655

But if 7,000,000,000,000 (七兆) is how many miles she will travel, I prefer your translation !!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 16656

"Chou" is Japanese for a lot of things. The language has homophones (same sound, different meaning) like a junkyard dog has fleas. It also means "intestines", as a prefix it is an adverbial meaning "very" or "long" (two different characters). As a suffix it can mean the head person of something (mayor, governor, etc) or serve as a counter for items. It is a geopolitical/address subdivision on the municipal level. It figures into oodles of compound words, with various characters and meanings.

By sheer coincidence, however, "nana" (together with "shichi") means "seven". So taken with 兆 "chou" (trillion) it would always be mistaken for "seven trillion" instead of being spotted as a blending of two languages.

Usually when referring to butterflies we say 蝶々 "chou-chou" (the second character is a shorthand character indicating that the preceding character is repeated....sort of like ditto marks).

My wife thinks seven trillion is the amount I've spent on motorcycling gear.

I have a tool tube on my commuter NC. You think it would be full of tools but I keep them in the frunk. My tool tube is really a fuel tube. I don't know why I need the fuel. I just commute 20 miles each way. But a good chunk is interstate and you don't want to run out of gas on the interstate.

I keep $20, a copy of my insurance and a copy of my drivers license in the little compartment at the bottom of the frunk. I also have a key hidden just in case I loose my regular set. And a Madstad wondshield, Givi bags, led driving lights, louder horn, extra brake lights with a flasher module, engine guards, and a phone mount to go with my Sena Smh5-fm.

Moderator, was this enough to keep this thread in the mod section? :)

By the way, I know frunk seems to be the term, but I really like to call it a 'fank'. You know. Fake tank.

speaking about tool tube..

Lincoln Electric Welding Rod Storage Container $8.73 free shipping to the store. hard to beat

725636075511lg.jpg

Shop Lincoln Electric Welding Rod Storage Container at Lowes.com

You know, I've been thinking since I first saw them, "Why do people buy 'tool tubes?' They're just welding rod containers aimed at motorcyclists."

:)

"Chou" is Japanese for a lot of things. The language has homophones (same sound, different meaning) like a junkyard dog has fleas. It also means "intestines", as a prefix it is an adverbial meaning "very" or "long" (two different characters). As a suffix it can mean the head person of something (mayor, governor, etc) or serve as a counter for items. It is a geopolitical/address subdivision on the municipal level. It figures into oodles of compound words, with various characters and meanings.

By sheer coincidence, however, "nana" (together with "shichi") means "seven". So taken with 兆 "chou" (trillion) it would always be mistaken for "seven trillion" instead of being spotted as a blending of two languages.

Usually when referring to butterflies we say 蝶々 "chou-chou" (the second character is a shorthand character indicating that the preceding character is repeated....sort of like ditto marks).

My wife thinks seven trillion is the amount I've spent on motorcycling gear.

I want to learn Japaneses, until you explain it, then I'm like screw that I'll stick to my less than stellar English. Nothing against you, just didn't realize it was that complex.

Choo-Choo MoFo

I like the tool tube for carrying any small item I want to isolate. It really was for my tools until I added the fuel bottle. I wish I could add one more but I got the fat Givi bags and a tube won't fit behind them. Of course that is just me. This bike is a lot of different things to a lot of differ people. I fancy the short tourer/commuter setup.

But.... There is a part of me that likes this setup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wkSePMgR0k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.guzzioverland.co.uk/bike/

OCR-what did you find at HF? Also welding rod container? Can you post a link?
Thank you!

I want to learn Japaneses, until you explain it, then I'm like screw that I'll stick to my less than stellar English. Nothing against you, just didn't realize it was that complex.

Learning to speak Japanese isn't that difficult. All the homonyms mentioned here is exaggerated, imho. We figure it out within the context of the conversation. When you get to be an advanced speaker, you can make puns out of all the homonyms. We love hearing them especially when a gainji (foreigner) makes such pun. That really shows us their understanding of the language and the culture. We appreciate that.

Reading and writing is another story, though. ;-)

I missed the NCX grip complaints, too, apparently. FWIW, mine have been perfect.

I think the larger point is a split between DIY and DIFM (do it for me). For DIY, there are probably lower-priced options which can be designed for different purposes than the Honda parts. If you pay someone else to design and install such alternatives, though, I have seen no evidence of cost-savings; only alternative purposing. For the DIFM owner, or one who is willing to do some installs but does not want to design or does not want, or cannot, do more than certain limited work, the Honda items offer excellent, engineered, best-integrated options.

And for some of us, we got a heckuva deal on already-loaded bikes. :)

There have been one or two on this board and numerous failures on ST owner's forums.

I have the Honda Heated Grips on my ST1300 for about 5 or more years now without any issues. I'm thinking that most of any issues regarding these type of issues can be traced back to how they were installed. :rolleyes:

I did a Full Write Up on the ST-Owner Forum regarding the installation that I used, Honda ST1300 Heated Grips Installation. Please look at post #18 for my write up. I also described the installation that I used in post #15.

Without the required sub harness the Honda grips are $150 to $200 more expensive than aftermarket which arguably perform the same purpose on a cold day. The higher price may or may not be important but it was indeed paid. If the grip fuse blows on that cold day can you access it without removing the left side plastic (no) or is it a DIFM repair?

BTW, I never said it was an issue. You didn't miss anything.

Back