• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Building a NC700X into a "Communter Bike"

I have the Honda Heated Grips on my ST1300 for about 5 or more years now without any issues. I'm thinking that most of any issues regarding these type of issues can be traced back to how they were installed. :rolleyes:

I did a Full Write Up on the ST-Owner Forum regarding the installation that I used, Honda ST1300 Heated Grips Installation. Please look at post #18 for my write up. I also described the installation that I used in post #15.
Google Honda Heated Grip Failure. There are many posts in ST and other Honda forums about such failures and you can read them as long as you care too. If you attribute failures to install mistakes, how many were dealer installed?

I've used aftermarket grips for nearly 200,000 miles on two bikes and during that time read numerous posts on a Honda grip failures. Hardly scientific I know but mine haven't failed.

The welding rod containers are longer than the other tubes. So, you can store longer objects in them.(11" to 12" long objects) They do require more room. Got mine at Harbor Freight, but yours look better!

i like those HF containers too! you are right,lowes containers are a bit longer and wider,but so the price. :)
never understand those ebay ads for selling "bmw" tool tubes x5 of HF price :)
image_16914.jpg

Welding Rod Keeper

Who said that anyone was driving only 4 miles to work?

Commuters have different "Needs" than just "Casual Riders". You need a place to put all your lunch in the morning and put all your cold weather gear you wore in the morning to ride in.

At least where I'm at, it's 50 degrees the mornings and 80 in the afternoon when I leave, mostly year round. I have to put all my gear that I wore in the morning and the lunchbox somewhere, don't I? ;)

I agree. I commute 52 miles one way to work everyday. 104 total for those of you bad with math. Freeze in the morning. Cook in the afternoon. I simply couldn't do it work out completely monopolizing every inch of available space. But now that I have some bags installed, I can actually stop on the way home for that jug o milk.
I live in AZ so having water on board at all times is a matter of survival. Side bags carry that and some rain gear for the occasional downpour.

I do like the h.f. welding rod case for some pliers screwdrivers and some safety wire. Great economic tip. Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back