• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bar Adjustment

Did you find the stock bars had a bit too much bend to the inside causing your wrist to actually have an odd bend to it instead of being straight and in line with your forearm by any chance. ? I've noticed this on several bikes I've owned. Just curious. Is that the reason for the bar replacement?
Using the pythagorean theorem the genmars are only a 1.7" total distance from the original bar position so they would be shorter than the rox 2" risers, I think. I just bought some rox risers and am waiting for them to arrive to install with the straighter yamaha bend fly handlebars I installed.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but has anyone used the Rox risers with a NC700S? Any mods required? Any difference in the ride?

Rox 2" risers ROCK! :D You'll need to loosen the brake line clamp behind/below the headlight to allow for full travel, but other than that, it's good to go.

Have any short riders here used bar risers and/or rotated their stock bars backwards? I rode an NC700X today and almost immediately noticed that the stock bars felt high to me. I've been riding an ST1300 for the past 7 years and when I had the bikes side by side, it is apparent the ST bars are much lower. I'm only 5' 7". Just seemed to me I could rotate the bars back an inch or two and resolve the issue. Anyhow just wondering -- I'm about to make the switch as I'm tired of riding such a big bike.

I'm waiting for my ROX risers to turn up and I hope it do what I want comfort wise. Just note that coming from a big bike, you will feel like the NC is underpowered, but it's not designed for that. You will appreciate the economy though and how light it feels, overall I'm really happy with mine.

I was good with the power on today's trial run. I'll find out later how it does with a passenger...

Have any short riders here used bar risers and/or rotated their stock bars backwards? I rode an NC700X today and almost immediately noticed that the stock bars felt high to me. I've been riding an ST1300 for the past 7 years and when I had the bikes side by side, it is apparent the ST bars are much lower. I'm only 5' 7". Just seemed to me I could rotate the bars back an inch or two and resolve the issue. Anyhow just wondering -- I'm about to make the switch as I'm tired of riding such a big bike.

A large number of NC owners have gone with the 2 inch Rox Risers. That's as far as you can rise and/or go back and still retain the stock clutch cable and front brake hose.

As an alternative, you can simply rotate the bars back a small amount, but you can't go far because the bars and controls will hit the frunk at full lock. The DCT version bars cannot be rotated down much for that reason because of the lower cable exit point on the throttle housing.

Last edited:
OK, I just looked up the risers you described...I was having trouble visualizing how these would help initially but I got it now. I get the bike tomorrow (I got the ST sold already) and will try rotating the bars back just a bit first. Thanks for the input.

I used these. I ordered them in the US from Amazon so I can't help with your second question.
There are many posts here about installing them, but I had it done by my dealer. We did a couple of test fits until I was comfortable.

Rox Speed FX Pivot Handlebar Riser 2" Black 1R-P2SS

P1030358sm.jpg

Back