• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

anybody sold nc700x and regrets it?

^^^^^^^^^^
+5. Agree.............there called compromises in engineering, size( fit), comfort, function, styling and cost.........

Last edited:
I have mine up for sale and have not been riding it much. I think it depends what bike you get to replace the NC. I have a goldwing that I now ride most of the time. I really miss the handling at low speeds and the twistes. I also miss the map compare to my goldwing. The goldwing is much better wind protection and better seat after a few hours straight.

I'm looking at a Super Tenere right now. I have set up the NC for my 6'2" frame. But, I want a little more power for long distance travels. I know I'll miss the NC if I decide for the Yamaha. It's a good bike.

It is really a minor difference in lean with 30mm drop.

I dropped 40mm which is max for shifter and brake pedal / brake light adjusters. I was surprised how much difference it made. Have not had a leg cramp since I did this.

Also had to put a 1 1/4" drop bracket on the rear exhaust mount to get the heat guard away from my heal on the brake side. Worked great 1/2 hrs work and also lowered the high point on the muffler by about 2" which helps as I run soft bags.

I have a madstad on order and will give the bike this summer before deciding to keep or not. Been through a few bikes so changing is something I'm used to. I gotta say I love the frunk. Amazing how much that influences the like side on this bike.

I'm looking at a Super Tenere right now. It's a good bike.

That is an understatement tbh. Imho the Super Ten is an excellent motorcycle. Needless to say it is in a different category to the NC, but it has a lovely motor, a shaft, plenty of power etc etc. It is also the only motorcycle I would replace my current Triumph Explorer with if it were to fall out of favour. I am fortunate enough to be able to keep my NC alongside a couple of others currently. However, if I had to make a choice between the NC and a Super Ten, the ST would win hands down. Good choice.

Extremely unlikely.

The whole reason I got my NCX, was because of the unique features it alone posesses.

If I had wanted a faster or quicker bike, I would have chosen a different one entirely, so no faster or quicker bike holds any allure to swap to.

A lighter bike. Well I already have an extremely light bike in my much modified CBR125R, so there is no desperate need to try and replace the the NCX.

A bike that gets better ufuel economy? Well again, my 125 bests the 700, and there aren't too many other bikes in the NCX category that do as well or better, so....

Two up riding or touring? I don't carry passengers or do extensive highway touring, so nope.

Sound? I specifically love the 270* sound this bike makes.

Maintenance? Hmm. Maybe if a clone NCX came out that had hydraulic valves and shaft drive, I would start sweating, but that is about a one in a bazillion thing, so am not too stressed, lol. As it is, with the screw and locknut valves and ease of the home mechanic to diddle with, shim under bucket bikes will not darken my doorway any time soon.

Lower bike? Then I wouldn't be able to do mild offroading.

Higher bike? Then I might not be able to tip toe the beast around as comfortably, when I'm not offroading.

Storage capabilities? Again, the NCX strikes that perfect (imho) compromise of utility versus enjoyment, with almost the same or better storage as a designed for storage scooter, but with all the features of a real motorcycle.

Excitement or "fun". Hmm. That's a tougher one to try and formulate a response to. Everyone has their own idea of what that really means for them. I would be giddy at the thought of a Supercharged NCX for some reason, but would sorely miss the frunk. Yes, I love the frunk that much, lol.

Cost. That is more and more weighing heavily on my mind as I get older. I've spent years and years paying loans, and untold thousands of hard earned dollars on motorcycles, and I have less and less time now, to try and squeeze in other wants and needs, in addition to an out of control motorcycle addiction.

I don't ride as often, or as far, or just for the sake of it at 1:00 in the morning anymore. I don't want anymore loans or going through the entire re-farklization process over and over again. I just don't have it in me to do, financially or mentally.

Unless I win the lottery of course, lol But that's kinda a given, no?

...and I won't even mention having to hold on for dear life at 70mph due to poor screen design.

Holding on for dear life at 70 mph seems a little extreme. I have no problem at 70 and higher - the bike is rock steady, the wind blast is even, no buffeting...what is the problem? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
We're up to post 49 and I don't think anyone has yet answered "yes" to the thread's question. The people that sold theirs have moved on.

Unless I win the lottery of course, lol But that's kinda a given, no?

even in the event of winning the lottery i might still choose the NC- i would still care for MPG, and no other manufacturer has DCT on a motorcycle yet.

but with lots of money, my NC would have a different suspension,

if you have not tried a DCT- try one.... i highly recommended it

if you have not tried a DCT- try one.... i highly recommended it[/QUOTE]

Not available in Canada..........thanks again Honda Canada

even in the event of winning the lottery i might still choose the NC- i would still care for MPG, and no other manufacturer has DCT on a motorcycle yet.

but with lots of money, my NC would have a different suspension,

if you have not tried a DCT- try one.... i highly recommended it

Sorry to all the manuals out there, but if it didnt have the DCT I would have bought the "other" bike or kept my WR250R. The look of the standard NC especially in silver just doesnt didn't do it. The DCT was the deciding factor for me, there isn't anything out there that is even close to the technical side of this bike, and the fuel economy and trunk are other big positives! But I am glad there are a lot of other bikes out there to enjoy, even the Harleys of which I had two.

Sorry to all the manuals out there, but if it didnt have the DCT I would have bought the "other" bike or kept my WR250R. The look of the standard NC especially in silver just doesnt didn't do it. The DCT was the deciding factor for me, there isn't anything out there that is even close to the technical side of this bike, and the fuel economy and trunk are other big positives! But I am glad there are a lot of other bikes out there to enjoy, even the Harleys of which I had two.

I'm sorry but questions was addressed to motorbike riders not scooters :p

I have a herum of Bikes, since they wont let me have more than one wife, I make up for it with bikes, I had 13 bikes at one time it was hard to keep them all ridden and maintained,

I am down to 7 bikes currently, and probably need something like "BA" Bikers Anonymous.

I really want the new Honda CTX700N naked in Silver, it is basically the NC700X with different clothing.

I would keep the NC7X though and add to the herd, or herum.

I traded my 2012 NC in for a CTX 1300 a couple of months back. I cannot say I regret the change since I am really enjoying the CTX. But there are a couple of things I do miss: the Frunk and the mileage of the NC. The NC was the my first bike after a 38 year hiatus. I bought it not knowing anything about it, or about how the biking world has changed over the years with all the different makes and models available today. I enjoyed the re-introduction to riding that the NC gave me. It is a great bike. But after taking a test ride on the CTX I just felt more comfortable on the bike. I like the way it "sits" and it handles really well. It may surprise some, but I am more comfortable in the curves on the CTX than I was on the NC. I have the tall windscreen on the CTX and it works better than the Madstad I had on the NC. So, no, I have no regrets about making the change.

I have seen a few CTX1300 for sale must be last years, new bikes, that have not sold yet going for $10,000.00, that is a pretty good price for that bike.
I have had my share of 700+ lbs bikes though and like lighter bikes so much better.

At one time I had 13 Goldwings, but having that many bikes at one time is hard to keep them all ridden and maintained properly, I had every model Goldwing, including the GL1800 and GL1500 6cylinder bikes and many of the 4 cylinder goldwings i like the 4 cylinder Goldwings the best.

I had/have a few Naked GL1200 Goldwings that were very naked, and were much lighter than stock, from 700-lbs down to 500-lbs and had 100-hp. and very Low center of gravity.

Here is a picture of one I still currently have, I turned it into a single seat cruiser, Naked.

Yea, shaft drive, no Chain Maintenance.

Attachments

• P1020174 1 comp 398k.jpg
    P1020174 1 comp 398k.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 137
  • P1020172 1 comp 398k.jpg
    P1020172 1 comp 398k.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 133
Back