• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

anybody sold nc700x and regrets it?

I disagree with the first part of your post.

The Honda Crossrunner is 530lbs.
The horse power is 100 at 10,000 rpm.
Junk fuel economy because it is a V4.
That is a differnet MC all together.

The second part I agree. Very frugal transportation. The engine displacement is in a good spot. The two pistons allow good fuel economy and smooth riding.

huh?

i never said the NC was comparable the VRF800X - is a upgraded version . of course they are different. they are both from honda, they always have a step up from something.

Bought my NC700X back in July of last year for commuting 40 miles each way into London to office and back. Due to heavy traffic, weather and unknown working hours I have only used it 3 times!

Didn't like the seat, so have bought a Shad comfort seat which I still have not fitted, and I won't even mention having to hold on for dear life at 70mph due to poor screen design.

So wish I'd bought the FJR1300 I originally went into the bike shop to look at.

It is in fact the worst buying decision I have ever made. Part of me wants to keep it as it is so shiny, newest bike I've owned and excellent on fuel consumption, my last fill I got 82mpg out of it, but the other part of me wants to follow my heart and get a bike I just want to go out and really ride!

The NC is a commuter. But any transpo can go off road.

in that sense any vehicle is a commuter, for me ncx is not a commuter since I don't commute. I work remotely.
For me is a tourer and off-road bike - cause I don't have anything else at the moment.

I agree that ADV label is simply marketing trick since honda doesn't have any adventure bike currently
and this is a shame.

there is license and HP restriction in europe.

This is indeed true. However while the 700 was within the category required for learner licences, when the cc's were upped to 750, the engine moved outside the category and is no longer relevant to it. To cover that category, Honda now have the new 500 twin. With this in mind, there is now nothing stopping Honda from upping the displacement of the NC. I reckon the torque on a 1000 cc version would be awesome. However the cylinders would have to be angled more towards the vertical as they would be just too close to the front wheel. I believe the new Adventure bike will have such an engine or something very close to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is indeed true. However while the 700 was within the category required for learner licences, when the cc's were upped to 750, the engine moved outside the category and is no longer relevant to it. To cover that category, Honda now have the new 500 twin. With this in mind, there is now nothing stopping Honda from upping the displacement of the NC. I reckon the torque on a 1000 cc version would be awesome. However the cylinders would have to be angled more towards the vertical as they would be just too close to the front wheel. I believe the new Adventure bike will have such an engine or something very close to it.

never needed more then 700cc and never will. 55-70 HP is more then enough for me and for most people even if they don't admit it.

in that sense any vehicle is a commuter, for me ncx is not a commuter since I don't commute. I work remotely.
For me is a tourer and off-road bike - cause I don't have anything else at the moment.

I agree that ADV label is simply marketing trick since honda doesn't have any adventure bike currently
and this is a shame.

I can't argue with you here. The premise I made forbids me from doing so.

The cost per mile is so low on the NC, that I have her down as a commuter. Sadly, the high performance of other MCs sort of push her into the commuter category because they cannont match the cost per mile.

The NC starts to blure the line from toy to frugal transpo. Because it does both.
Just like touring and ADV touring. It can do both.

I wish Honda would have marketed the NC better here in the USA. Where's the I'm disapointed in Honda Thread. :p

huh?

i never said the NC was comparable the VRF800X - is a upgraded version . of course they are different. they are both from honda, they always have a step up from something.

the poster wrote that:

"If Honda introduced an NC800 or 850 that didn't significantly drop gas mileage, retained the NC700's excellent handling, and didn't increase weight too much I'd be tempted to trade up."

Sure the diplacement and weight are close to the 750, but the economy is way way off.
I do not think the VFR800X is the MC for that poster to upgrade too.

I may have miss read your post on what you were trying to explain, or gotten my MC confused again.

Last edited:
I have not sold mine and the thought has not crossed my mind but I don't have any regrets on the purchse. I do wish I would have kept my CBR. I could not at the time because I just moved to Arkansas and lived in an apartment where parking was limited. No room for two bikes. My NC is paid off so if the stars align come the first of the year I might enter the two bike owner club.

I use my NC almost 100 prcent of the time for commuting. It is the perfect bike for this purpose. Sounds like you (the CO) may have purchased the wrong bike unfortunately. I've done that myself (Katana 600). Sucks selling a bike right after you bought it but its better to just get it done and move on. I'm not trying to be an a$$. Just being honest. No use in having something that can't perform to the standards you need. Sell it while it is still spotless and low miles. You'll take a loss but you'll be happy whe nyou have the bike you really want.

I have been thinking about getting another bike. I don't think i would part with the NC, but after riding a friends Yamaha FZ-07, I may get one of those for thrills, and keep the 700x for long rides.

Bought my NC700X back in July of last year for commuting 40 miles each way into London to office and back. Due to heavy traffic, weather and unknown working hours I have only used it 3 times!

Didn't like the seat, so have bought a Shad comfort seat which I still have not fitted, and I won't even mention having to hold on for dear life at 70mph due to poor screen design.

So wish I'd bought the FJR1300 I originally went into the bike shop to look at.

It is in fact the worst buying decision I have ever made. Part of me wants to keep it as it is so shiny, newest bike I've owned and excellent on fuel consumption, my last fill I got 82mpg out of it, but the other part of me wants to follow my heart and get a bike I just want to go out and really ride!

both of those thing i solved,
got a new seat and madstad windscreen.

I don't have much time on mine and I'm already having second thoughts. I'm trying hard to make it fit, lowered the pegs, raised the bars and have had some success. This is not a good bike if your 6'2". I'm also really pissed at Honda Canada for not standing behind their product and helping owners out with the famous crap Dunlop tires. Not a big cost to replace but crappy customer support from Honda. Last Honda for me for sure. Will ride it for the summer and see how it goes.

and this is a shame.

will the crosstour 1200cc be considered an adventure bike? honda thinks so

Overview ? Crosstourer 2014 ? Adventure ? Range ? Motorcycles ? Honda

I don't have much time on mine and I'm already having second thoughts. I'm trying hard to make it fit, lowered the pegs, raised the bars and have had some success. This is not a good bike if your 6'2". I'm also really pissed at Honda Canada for not standing behind their product and helping owners out with the famous crap Dunlop tires. Not a big cost to replace but crappy customer support from Honda. Last Honda for me for sure. Will ride it for the summer and see how it goes.

how come you did not know that the ergo did not fit you before you bought? impulse buy?
i do understand being mad at the tire situation.... you have good reason for it. do motorcycle tire come with warranty? like car tire do?

but never say never...... if honda suddenly came out with the best bike in market you will be losing on a lot just because you are prideful

how come you did not know that the ergo did not fit you before you bought? impulse buy?
i do understand being mad at the tire situation.... you have good reason for it. do motorcycle tire come with warranty? like car tire do?

but never say never...... if honda suddenly came out with the best bike in market you will be losing on a lot just because you are prideful

Not an impulse buy but it's hard to get a feel for the fit with a 20km test ride. My first real ride of 200km resulted in leg cramps and back pain. You see a few folks complaining about back pain with these bikes. I have it feeling much better with the pegs lowered but there is always a compromise doing this. Pegs closer to the ground, feet sit a bit wider due to the peg linkage and I had to lower the exhaust to make it work. Bar risers helped as well.

No one has the best bike in the market........ lots of choices. I'm still hoping to make this one work. I like the handling and with some decent suspension I think it will be a nice ride. Time will tell. For sure I won't buy Honda again. It's a principle thing.

I have same issues with 6'1", I wish I had that ergo application to see back and knee angle before I bought it.
I don't want to invest too much in that bike to make it right, for a city driving and short off-road fun it's perfect so maybe it will stay that way.

Not an impulse buy but it's hard to get a feel for the fit with a 20km test ride. My first real ride of 200km resulted in leg cramps and back pain.

Most folks in the States don't even get the test ride as most dealers won't allow them. I bought mine 600 miles from home at a dealer that allowed a test ride.

I also am 6' 2'. Dropped pegs, risers, new seat, wind screen and I am fine. Also have highway pegs to allow adjusting position on longer rides. 25,000 miles and happy.

Most folks in the States don't even get the test ride as most dealers won't allow them. I bought mine 600 miles from home at a dealer that allowed a test ride.

I also am 6' 2'. Dropped pegs, risers, new seat, wind screen and I am fine. Also have highway pegs to allow adjusting position on longer rides. 25,000 miles and happy.

dropped footpegs? so I guess you cannot lean too much not to scrap them can't you?

This seems to be becoming a bit of a complain campaign, and not for many/any who have sold and regretted it. Remember, motorcycles are made for the masses, they do not have as many personal adjustments as a car does. It seems, from scrolling this thread, that many have found the things that they don't like, and either dealt with it or made modifications/adjustments as deemed fit to suit their wishes/needs. I think that is what this forum is about - communicating thoughts/mods/ideas and experiences. I have done this myself, and am completely satisfied with my NC. It seems most are keeping their NCs.

Back