• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

anybody sold nc700x and regrets it?

W

wildeone

I mean on my ncx almost 10k km and started to think about change for something else
but every time I sit back on it I am not so sure if it's a good idea...It might be a situation
that even I get something else I still keep the nc.
Anybody here who sold it and regrets it?

It will be difficult to find someone who would say so... IMHO because of human nature. This person would have to disparage the replacement to do that.... and given the time / expense in finding a "new" ride...it's unlikely someone would do would do that.

Nope. I have kept mine 'cause I know I would regret selling it ! ;) What are you thinking of changing for ? I have several bikes and I love them all. Over the years I have parted with bikes that I have definitely regretted.

No regrets at all. Missed the cruzer. No chain to mess with and I like sitting lower. Don't even need a windshield it flows over with clean air. My 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean on my ncx almost 10k km and started to think about change for something else
but every time I sit back on it I am not so sure if it's a good idea...It might be a situation

what do you want to replace it with? do you need need more speed , less storage and less mpg? if none of the thing i mention matter to you, you wont regret getting something else

Nope. I have kept mine 'cause I know I would regret selling it ! ;) What are you thinking of changing for ? I have several bikes and I love them all. Over the years I have parted with bikes that I have definitely regretted.

I am thinking about the bike I wanted in first place but because I had some break in riding at that time I got "easier" bike nc750x.
Nevertheless still xt660z tenere coming back to me. What I'll get will be less or rather no storage, worse mpg, top heavy bike but
with way more range, more clearance, less cramped legs on seat, spoked wheels, bigger front wheel, better (longer) suspension, more crashable machine :)
I prefer off-road riding so those feature are important to me.

I get your point though, more then one bike is a definitely a tempting solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are posing that question after the short time you have had your Honda...... then you probably won't be happy until you get on the bike that you really want. If you can financially afford to get rid of the Honda and get the Tenere, then now would be the time to sell, while the Honda's mileage is still low. Just my opinion.

I am thinking about the bike I wanted in first place but because I had some break in riding at that time I got "easier" bike nc750x.
Nevertheless still xt660z tenere coming back to me. What I'll get will be less or rather no storage, worse mpg, top heavy bike but
with way more range, more clearance, less cramped legs on seat, spoked wheels, bigger front wheel, better (longer) suspension, more crashable machine :)
I prefer off-road riding so those feature are important to me.

I get your point though, more then one bike is a definitely a tempting solution.

two different bikes you are comparing here . i think if definitely got the wrong bike, the NC is no where capable or comparable to the tenere, in every aspect.

the NC is a commuter bike despite the semi dual sport look that honda has given.

beside the cc similarity.... the power delivery from both bike would be different.

Last edited:
If Honda introduced an NC800 or 850 that didn't significantly drop gas mileage, retained the NC700's excellent handling, and didn't increase weight too much I'd be tempted to trade up.

I'm always thinking of another bike but don't plan to sell the NC...the more I ride it, the more I like it. Sure I'd like to have another smaller bike to ride single track, another bigger for longer rides and probably some others just for fun ! I like bikes...

If Honda introduced an NC800 or 850 that didn't significantly drop gas mileage, retained the NC700's excellent handling, and didn't increase weight too much I'd be tempted to trade up.

they already did, but not in the USA- is call the Honda VFR800X
much more power, and much more capable in every aspect

i dont think the NC 700/750 class will move in displacement anymore, this is honda answer to the consumer wanting a commuter bike. if they move that , then it wont be able sell in europe as well as it does, there is license and HP restriction in europe.

people wanting to move us can get the honda VRF800X

* I have not sold my NC700x.

But I agree with the 2 bike minimum to solve the "grass is greener" issue.

I, my self, am looking at getting rid of my 125cc PCX, and get an electric motorcycle.

Gas nc700x for distance. Electric bike for my commuter.

... AND...

The future wife (we are engaged) wants a BMW R nine T. Which of course, I'll get to blast around with once in a while, for maintenance purposes.

two different bikes you are comparing here . i think if definitely got the wrong bike, the NC is no where capable or comparable to the tenere, in every aspect.

the NC is a commuter bike despite the semi dual sport look that honda has given.

beside the cc similarity.... the power delivery from both bike would be different.

I don't quite agree ncx is only a commuter bike, as I proven to myself recently it is excellent long distance tourer as well (and even off-roader)
with some small drawbacks at least to my height, suspension and ground clearance. Besides that I lie the engine very much. Well, actually I'd love to have ncx engine in xt660z frame :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you are afflicted with the seven thousand mile itch a little early.

I was in the same situation, but instead of bikes. It was with boats.
Had a 22' hydrasports wa since 1998, purchased her brand new.
Had a 17' boston whaler since 2003, purchased her brand new.
Less time now a days, gas prices are always high, less time to do maintenance.
guess what. I sold both.
Now I got a boat that is in between those two sizes. Got a 19'er another boston whaler.
case solved. So you might do the same? With bikes instead of boats.

Last edited:
they already did, but not in the USA- is call the Honda VFR800X
much more power, and much more capable in every aspect

i dont think the NC 700/750 class will move in displacement anymore, this is honda answer to the consumer wanting a commuter bike. if they move that , then it wont be able sell in europe as well as it does, there is license and HP restriction in europe.

people wanting to move us can get the honda VRF800X

I disagree with the first part of your post.

The Honda Crossrunner is 530lbs.
The horse power is 100 at 10,000 rpm.
Junk fuel economy because it is a V4.
That is a differnet MC all together.

The second part I agree. Very frugal transportation. The engine displacement is in a good spot. The two pistons allow good fuel economy and smooth riding.

Last edited:
I don't quite agree ncx is only a commuter bike, as I proven to myself recently it is excellent long distance tourer as well (and even off-roader)
with some small drawbacks at least to my height, suspension and ground clearance. Besides that I lie the engine very much. Well, actually I'd love to have ncx engine in xt660z frame :)

The NC is a commuter. But any transpo can go off road. There are limits to the terrian and conditions depending upon the speed and rider skill.

I dislike how Honda as an ADV category. They should have done something like Kawi did with the Versys. Just have a NC segment of MCs. I am not too sure what they will do IF and WHEN their True Adventure comes out. The AT 1,000cc one.

In the end, it really does not matter. Value and performance is what counts, not a name or how it js marketed.

Last edited:
Back